[NL2-NL10] NL-2 AKo against a nit

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

in this hand I was playing against the same nit as in the JJ hand.

I called preflop because:

1. now I knew the big preflop raise was his standard
      2. he started to loosen up a bit in the previous hands
      3. still didn't think AKo is a 3bet against him, although the sample size was not big
      4. for me, AK from the button has better playability postflop than JJ

Flop- I called with TPTK
      Turn- hands beating me- KK- unlikely, QQ- possible, but I have at least some outs, KQ- from the cutoff might be part of his range. He was very aggro, so he might 2nd barrel the K with AQ or maybe even with JJ, definitely with AA. I thought I'll not call if I'm not willing to go AI on the river and I thought, if I'm willing to go AI it's better to do it while the flush and broadway draws are not completed.

Is it profitable to call preflop in this spot? What about the turn play? Now I think I just isolated myself against better hands...it was not likely he had a draw and was willing to call with that...A :spade: J :spade: was possible though........I think I missplayed this hand... :(

Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

MP3 ($2.00)
      CO ($2.06)
      BTN ($2.00) (Hero)
      SB ($0.42)
      BB ($2.34)
      MP1 ($1.93)
      MP2 ($0.37)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:heart: , K:spade:
      2 folds, MP3 checks, CO raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, 3 folds,

Flop: K:club: , Q:spade: , 5:spade: ( $0.29 )
      CO bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22,

Turn: K:heart: ( $0.73 )
      CO bets $0.32, Hero raises All-In $1.66, CO raises All-In $1.72,

River: 8:heart: ( $4.37 )
  • 3 replies
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      Don't think theres much value in reraising turn as no new draws have come through. Its more beneficial to reraise flop? if he is betting with worse which i think is most of the time in this spot you should just call and shove river (having said that the only reason for that is I wouln't expect him to call all that often with worse, only two are KJ and AA?). What is his vpip and pfr? cant find the jj hand?
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

VPIP and PFR were around 4.5 (nearly 100 hands) with 4.5 AF and 100% cbet.

I don´t think there is much value in raising the flop. Rather let him to 2nd barrel. On the turn, my hand got better only a little (I could beat AA), but his bet size indicated, he wanted to either trap me or see a cheap river card and maybe a free showdown.

I think, if I want to ship river, might be better to do it on the turn......if he shoves on the river, I´d make the call, but not with 100 % confidence in my hand. On the other hand, if he is weak, he might not 3rd barrel and fold to a bet. He still might call looser on the turn, with the draws on the board.

The real question is- is it a good spot to shove at all? Maybe calling turn and calling or betting small the river would be more profitable in the long run........now I think there is not much walue in shoving on turn or river....
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Preflop: Yeah, rather Call it than just turn your hand into bluff.
      Postflop: But the question is how we should play our hand on turn? While it's just a raised pot and he may easily even have any kind of draws then I'd very likely consider shipping it on turn as well. Usually such small bets indicate to weakness. Of course there is still a slight chance that he might even trap but I don't think that we get away from here. With shipping the turn we might even get value from any kind of draw like FD/SD.

Best regards.