[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 33 Bu

• gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      This is a spot I seem to face quite a lot and am just not comfortable with my actions.

Blinds are both are pretty unknown (33 hands) although have a fishy feel about them

VP$IP/PFR/3-Bet
      SB: 80/7/0
      BB: 26/0/0

Both have a 50% fold to C-Bet.

Should I have c-bet the flop. I figured no as at least one of them was likely to call, and I don't really want to go far with 33 on this board.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $4.00
      BU (Hero):
      $12.73
      SB:
      $6.46
      BB:
      $8.26
      MP2:
      $10.51
      MP3:
      $10.20

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3, 3.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.75) K, 5, K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.75) 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.30, Hero folds, SB folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.75.
  • 5 replies
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      I still think a c-bet is good here. then just check it down if they call. 0 aggro is easy to play with. A lot of the time they will call with absolutely nothing and just check down with jack high or something stupid, and if they bet fold, but i think its good value to c-bet here. if they have a piece you will hear about it or get a cheep show down.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gormless,

Giving it up directly on flop is a bit too weak. I'd still bet it and try to protect from overcards.

Best regards.
    • gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      Thanks both.
      So can I check what you would do if either one or both of them call the c-bet.
      Would you fire a second and/or 3rd barrell (if they just call the turn)
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      I'd just check it down, if they have anything its doubtful they will fold and just about anything is better than 3s. Also with such a low agro factor for them, it will be easy to get a free show down, unless they hit a monster.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Very likely you could even consider firing a 2nd barrel for free showdown. It really depends on the opponent and what kind of calling range we expect him to have, either floats, or just overcards as well or rather just made hands like PPs.