$2.97
      MP3:
      $4
      CO:
      $3.8
      BU:
      $1.14

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.16, BU raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.34, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.16) T:club: , 9:club: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.2, BU calls $0.78 (All-In), Hero folds.

Turn: ($3.14) 4:spade:
      River: ($3.14) Q:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.14

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, jacks and fours (Jd Jc)
      BU shows (Ah 9s)

CO wins with two-pair, jacks and fours (Jd Jc)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello VIDOCCC,

I'd rather fold it preflop but if I am Calling then I am definitely going to continue on flop as well. Rather fold it preflop while you ain't getting very good implied odds for set mining and at the best get a coinflip here.

Of course it's kinda hard for us to go for a fold on flop since CO range is very strong. But I guess his 3bet calling range can easily be even worse not just overpairs/sets. And even if he had a set, would be overbet like that on flop?

Best regards.
    • VIDOCCC
      VIDOCCC
      Bronze
      I agree that it would be better to fold on a preflop as I was oop and it's even hard to play with JJ when you are oop against 3 opponent. now because I am new here I can't understand some of the things and let's specify it.

''Of course it's kinda hard for us to go for a fold on flop since CO range is very strong'' this means that he could hold any kind of hands yes? like AK AQ AJ KQ KK QQ JJ TT 99 and so on so it's range is strong.

''But I guess his 3bet calling range can easily be even worse not just overpairs/sets.'' this means that because he call 3bet we can reduce our range and leave only monster hands yes? like high pairs... but I can't understand what sets means here. set is for example QQQ or JJJ and how can we say about this in preflop

''And even if he had a set, would be overbet like that on flop?'' how could he had a set when we reduce his range? do you think that he would call 3 bet with TT? and if he cought the set then why not? his bet was about pot size and I think it's a normal bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello VIDOCCC,

''Of course it's kinda hard for us to go for a fold on flop since CO range is very strong'' this means that he could hold any kind of hands yes? like AK AQ AJ KQ KK QQ JJ TT 99 and so on so it's range is strong.

He is doing a bet into 2 opponents so practically we will see more of made hands rather than just overcard type of hands.

''But I guess his 3bet calling range can easily be even worse not just overpairs/sets.'' this means that because he call 3bet we can reduce our range and leave only monster hands yes? like high pairs... but I can't understand what sets means here. set is for example QQQ or JJJ and how can we say about this in preflop

Mostly I'd talk about his sets range = TT/99 since the flop gives you a T and 9. And set is TTT/999.

''And even if he had a set, would be overbet like that on flop?'' how could he had a set when we reduce his range? do you think that he would call 3 bet with TT? and if he cought the set then why not? his bet was about pot size and I think it's a normal bet.

Nah, the thing is that those people still Call very light on those limits. We can't put them only on very strong made hands.

Best regards.