[Offer] CG staking+mentoring NL4-6SH

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

After thinking about this for quite a while I have decided to launch it.

You can find more information of who I am and what I play on my blogs.

Following some nice iniciatives in the Portuguese community, both from members and Poker Strategy, I've decided to launch this here on PS English commu.

What I am offering: staking + mentoring for limits between NL4 and NL6, shorthanded.

What the hell is mentoring? Well, I'm not saying coaching for a variety of reasons, including the fact that it might not be allowed by PS (even though, as I understood, it would be allowed if coupled with staking). But most of all, I'm not putting this as coaching because I am not a coach, and I don't feel experienced enough to offer coaching without that sounding (to me, at least) faulty advertisement.

However, as a player who was able to beat the lowest limits over a very large sample and continues to study the game, I think I could help a lot the stakee with his game as well during mentoring sessions (session reviews, hand reviews, theory discussions, etc., etc.).

And why would I do that? 1st, because it's for my own interest that the stakee plays the best possible poker; 2nd, because I love teaching; 3rd, because since I love teaching I'd like to coach some day, and I think this would help me get the good experience and feedback for it; 4th, because I think teaching is a great way to learn as well, and explaining my chain of thought will help me as well; 5th, well, to help people of good faith and this great community because it has helped me too.

How will it work? I will select up to three candidates. Watching a live session played by the candidate (could be NL2 or even play money) might be part of the process. Having more than one stakee might be positive since they/you can exchange thoughts and info.

Then I will send between 5 and 10BIns for the agreed limit. Why so little? Because I want the stakee to play a maximum of two tables in the first few days. Micro limits are about improving the game, not sick volume 12 tabling. However, the stakee does NOT have to play scared money: if he/she go busto, we will review the hands and if it was just bad luck/variance or whatever, I will send more $; on the other hand, if it was pure spew/tilt/whatever wanna call, or if the stakee is playing differently than agreed (playing LAG when agreed in previous mentoring session was TAG) the staking + mentoring offer will be over at my discretion.

As things settle in the first couple of weeks we will agree on opening more tables (3, then 4, etc.), and more bankroll will be sent if needed and if things are going fine with the play regardless of results.

What does the stakee need? Lots of enthusiasm, discipline and will to study and improve. Again: this is not to get rich in 1 month but to get the basics of winning online poker. That said, you will need a working tracking software, Skype and a microphone. Lastly, you *must* create a blog with daily (or one per session, if not playing every day) posts for results and trouble spots at day 1 when deal starts.

What do you do to apply? Post here your history with poker, screen names on *all* poker platforms, results and graphs, and references (previous deals with other poker players, coaching if you ever had, etc). Post the volume you intend to play (no worries, I'm not expecting 30k hands/month). On top of that, post what do you think you need to sharpen asap in your game to crush the lowest limits. Finally, post all strategy articles you've read from this site, as I *will* question you about them before sending you the bankroll.

Results? Deal will be make-up + 50/50 + mentoring. My mentoring probably does not have commercial value so it's make up (you give me back whatever $ I sent you) then we split your profits in 50/50.

For how long? For as long as we want it. Any part can cancel the deal at any time if not satisfied anymore. When that happens, you just have to send me the makeup + my 50% share and we are square. If the bankroll is going great I might ask for the makup in advance, at my discretion, and you will keep playing with the profits. Shall things go well and if both parties agree on that, we can make a move up together and you start playing NL10SH and we keep the staking + mentoring going.

I'm happy about this and hope some people out there will be too and will know how to appreciate this opportunity. And lets crush the micros.

My feedback thread.
  • 17 replies
    • Keycash
      Keycash
      Bronze
      Hi!

Because i dont have enough posts i cant request a stake here. Can you tell me your skype?

Best regards
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Originally posted by Keycash
      Hi!

Because i dont have enough posts i cant request a stake here. Can you tell me your skype?

Best regards

Hello Keycash,

I would like to kindly ask you to refrain from asking contact details in this forum, as it seems pretty clear you are asking them in order to secure a stake. As my fellow moderators have told you already, you do not meet the requirements to ask for a stake. In case the rules aren't clear for you, please do not hesitate to add me through the community tool. I'd be more than happy to go through them and highlight any section that isn't clear.

All the best,

NIVEKii
    • Zuttasoxx
      Zuttasoxx
      Bronze
      Would you also like the idea of me staking myself but I want to be part of the mentoring?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zuttasoxx
      Would you also like the idea of me staking myself but I want to be part of the mentoring?
      Like I said, that could be seen as coaching and I can't coach. However, if you want just add me on community and send me a private message and I can try to help you out somehow if it's within my reach.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      thumbs up make sure to get em in the skype group~. Need to sweat again been super bizzy. Had nice 6 buyin day and learnin how to use a hud well~
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      I'm in for this, I have no bankroll atm just a few $'s @ stars(played on FTP). I used to have a blog but nobody followed it, you can see my general thinking here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=119304. If I'm not qualified a mod can delete this post, looking forward to hearing from you.
      EDIT: I forgot to answer the amount of volume I'm willing to put in. Well it depends, I think I can successfully play 4 tables so @ 1k per day and willing to play daily but if you're not okay then a bit less I guess.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Hello gsergiul,

Please take a look at our staking rules, you will see a person asking for a stake is required to have a minimum of 300 posts in the English community. You currently do not have a sufficient number of posts to be eligible to ask for a stake.

Hope you understand.

All the best,

NIVEKii
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Of course I understand:) as I said feel free delete it then. Delete all posts under 300 because people will still be able to continue the staking deal if they see the posts(which I'm guessing it goes against why the rules are there in the first place). In my opinion the rules are a bit exaggerated , someone who has to apply for a 2nl or 4nl staking needs to meet the same requirements as someone applying for a 200nl staking for example but I can't blame the guy who made it, there's probably good reason behind it.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      Of course I understand:) as I said feel free delete it then. Delete all posts under 300 because people will still be able to continue the staking deal if they see the posts(which I'm guessing it goes against why the rules are there in the first place). In my opinion the rules are a bit exaggerated , someone who has to apply for a 2nl or 4nl staking needs to meet the same requirements as someone applying for a 200nl staking for example but I can't blame the guy who made it, there's probably good reason behind it.
      Well, I do think the reason behind it makes a bit of sense. The idea is to stake people that "belongs" or "is part of" the community and avoid random people stopping by pokerstrategy.com just to ask for money.

I think if you got the free $50 starting capital and with it started participating in the community, posting hands for evaluation (as one should), etc., etc., it's not hard to get to 300 posts.

Then of course if the staker would like to stake NL200 with only those post requirements it's his/her problem and not pokerstrategy's.

As for my part, I'm afraid I will stick to pokerstrategy rules. My idea is having an "official" thing within pokerstrategy.com, to help out an active pokerstrategy member, so that following their rules is important. For instance, I'd like the stakee to write a blog of his/her game and development - and that's not possible if we don't strictly follow the rules.

Apparently so far not many people are interested... which makes me wonder, really. I see quite frequently many beginners asking for money when they bust the free $50 or something like that. Then I thought I was offering more than that - money plus the opportunity for them to work on their game, with patience and proper bankroll management, and not go busto again. It appears that does not spark the same interest as just giving away a bit of cash.

On the other hand, the Portuguese mentoring forum is flooded with threads of both people asking for and offering mentoring. Go figure...
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      Originally posted by Keycash
      Hi!

Best regards

Hello Keycash,

I would like to kindly ask you to refrain from asking contact details in this forum, as it seems pretty clear you are asking them in order to secure a stake. As my fellow moderators have told you already, you do not meet the requirements to ask for a stake. In case the rules aren't clear for you, please do not hesitate to add me through the community tool. I'd be more than happy to go through them and highlight any section that isn't clear.

All the best,

NIVEKii
      anyone in this community with 300+ posts who is playing poker wont need a NL4-6 stake, so therefore i declare that no one will take up this offer, unless a degen scammer who is willing to ruin his rep for 30-60$
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sinsas
      anyone in this community with 300+ posts who is playing poker wont need a NL4-6 stake, so therefore i declare that no one will take up this offer, unless a degen scammer who is willing to ruin his rep for 30-60$
      Well, that can be quite true. However, I didn't think the staking was the only attractive part in the deal. I myself would have liked to have a more experienced player looking for my game and plugging some leaks when I was playing the lowest limits.

But no problem at all; I am already mentoring quite a few people @ the Portuguese community so if no one around here wants it that's 100% fine, the thread will eventually die and gg :f_cool:
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      [edited by thazar]. Sorry if i broke the rules asking that. :)
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      [edited by thazar] Cannot be bothered to flood the forums with spam simply to reach the required posts.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      @keoghh

Hi

well you did

300 post rules sorry ;)

@esuohdla

we do not want you either to spam the forums. Moreover spamming the forums will almost guarantee your application to be turned down as well. We want members to get know by contributing in a valuable manners to the community.

300 post is not a lot. Some communities require a lot more.

regards

Thazar
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Is it against the rules to ask for mentoring :( ?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by esuohdla
      Is it against the rules to ask for mentoring :( ?
      I did understand that you were asking for staking but could not really because you had under 300 post. you can always contact luiz through the community tools. But this is the staking forum ;)

Best regards

Thazar
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Ok no probs sorry about that :)