This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: TPTK with nut flush draw

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05/$0.10 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

MP3 ($9.73) (Hero)
      BB ($10.64) no stats or reads

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , J:diamond:
      Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds, BB raises to 0.4, Hero calls $0.30,

Flop: T:spade: , 9:spade: , J:spade: ( $0.85 )
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60,

Turn: 3:club: ( $2.05 )
      BB checks, Hero checks,

River: 5:heart: ( $2.05 )
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00,

Final Pot: $3.85

On the turn i was thinking very hard if i should bet but i thought maybe i am behind and maybe if i hit the flush i could win a bigger pot so i just checked.
      After he showed weakness on the river with just checking i thought i make a bet that could be seen as a bluff and he might call with a weaker hand.
      But now i see that there were almost no bluff catcher hands he could have according to a normal preflop raise range, so a bet could have been called only by stronger hands. In addition my bet didn't really seem as a bluff because my flop bet indicated that i have something.

So I think my river bet was wrong here, but what do you think about the turn?
      Should i have bet?
  • 1 reply
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Don't limp/call with AJo preflop. Raise or fold. Bet PS on the flop (as you'd do with AA no draw). Against a station or a weaker player (or in general s/o who typically won't c/r), I'd bet the turn, but the check behind is ok, as you don't fear too many cards and you don't want to get raised out of the pot with TPTK + Nut-FD. If you check the turn, you have an easy value bet, but I'd bet a little bit more (2/3 PS).