[NL2-NL10] NL4 89s

• foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      it's been awhile here, have been playing nl10 for few thousand hands but got downswinged back to nl4, so here i am comfortably playing at nl4 again, and decided to continue posting my hands :) so there it is

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,44
      MP2:
      $4,35

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 8:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0,16, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,34) T:club: , 9:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,24, Hero calls $0,24.

Turn: ($0,82) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,78, Hero raises to $1,68, MP2 raises to $3,95 (All-In), Hero ???

first thought was to fold, he has KQ and has me beat, but KQ is the only hand that does beat me here, while i beat sets, two pairs, overpairs and other sh*t, and it is possible
      i was being aggressive at the table, so he might even think i'm bluffing here
      no reads on villain just the stats, but still i think player like this could shove his sets/two pair here, maybe even flush draw or overplay overpairs, i mean it's probably best is to fold for me in this spot to be safe but there's many possible variations in which i'd be ahead, or is my thought process is flawed here?
  • 12 replies
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      ooops, wrong forum, my bad :) can someone move it to hands evaluations? ty :)
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Originally posted by foolboydesire

but KQ is the only hand that does beat me here

8q beats ur hand too..And folding here just coz u put him on kq would be bad i think.
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      ok, the only hand that makes sense and does beat me here is KQ :) it's too unlikely player like him would open Q8 from UTG even if it is Q8s..
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Yh villian plays NL4. He interestingly says "I'm in UTG, let's raise KQ+ only :evil: . Oh, wait what is UTG exactly :s_o: "

Lol at these stakes players don't give a shit about q8 or k3. theyt just play any hand :s_biggrin: .
    • LoOkzor
      LoOkzor
      Bronze
      Can't understand his motives here, perhaps A8s, KQ ?

I think after the turn you should have made a half-size bet, if re-raise just fold and give him credit..
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      @ shehanshah: with VPIP/PFR 25/19 ? come on... i'm not saying it's impossible, but it is very unlikely for a hand like q8 or k3 as you say :) don't underestimate nl4, there are decent players too there :) even nl2 has players who knows quite well what is UTG so to speak :)

@ LoOkzor: donk on turn would be an option, but i was pretty sure i can check/raise when he second barrels, as opposed to him folding to my donking on such board, however instead of expected value i got myself into a difficult decision making situation :D
    • LoOkzor
      LoOkzor
      Bronze
      Ah well, it happens :) you learn best when you make mistakes
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Originally posted by foolboydesire
      @ shehanshah: with VPIP/PFR 25/19 ? come on... i'm not saying it's impossible, but it is very unlikely for a hand like q8 or k3 as you say :) don't underestimate nl4, there are decent players too there :) even nl2 has players who knows quite well what is UTG so to speak :)
      Mate you're right here - I can show you some SICK NL2 grinding regs on stars or other sites that know what they're doing. So even though there ARE fish the whole Q8 thing is very unlikely. It's more likely that someone here is trying to be a smart arse and point out that Q8 would beat you too.

Thing is he donks river, then shoves you after a re raise so I think KQ is likely and folding would be best, however I would have just called his pot sized bet and mucked if he had KQ :D
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hero better than 60/40 on turn v the worst case range I gave villain, getting around 2:1 I call, unless my sums are off, it is late.

And he's drunk or tilting if he's raised Q8 from Mp2 with those stats.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Villain can be ahead with hands like A:spade: 8:spade: or 9:club: 8:club: which are free-rolling for a flush to scoop the pot. Nevertheless, you are getting good pot odds and have a strong hand. Even though you will occasionally run into KQo, you are supposed to stack off here. It is much more likely that you will split the pot, or you will run into an overplayed set or two pair.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Moved to the correct forum. thanks :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

Preflop: I'd actually even advice to fold the hand preflop. :) Not the greatest hand to play, also we are OOP. It's not that easy to play those hands very profitable.

As played
      Postflop: Don't think I am able to fold it either here. He might even go crazy with 2pairs/sets. I am also going broke.

Best regards.