Hitting the cold deck..How bad can it get??

• RealOwen
      RealOwen
      Bronze
      Took a well deserved break from poker ( 3 weeks ) came back to realize that nothing is really working that well and managed to go down 5 buy-ins on my sss-session.

To get back even will definitely take some time and effort.

Of course I mostly experienced up swings so far but to recover from the loss is the most worrying part.

What should be reasonable limit to set in the session?

Should I quit after I lost 3 buy ins or what?

Im definitely done for the day I guess...
  • 8 replies
    • carusel
      carusel
      Bronze
      you have to quit after you start to deviate from your best game... quit when you're tilting

if you lose 5 buyins and play the same as before you lost them, why not continue playing then ? i personally quit if i lose 2-3 buyins because i tilt and start to play looser
    • RealOwen
      RealOwen
      Bronze
      I see what you mean but the it was rather case of a cold deck than tilting.
      I played according to sss all the way and didnt play any loser.
      I didnt hit the board or I just got my QQ busted twice on the river. Good thing is that when the money went in, I was a favorite.

I did make one mistake thou and that cost me 1 buy-in but the rest was just bad luck or other words...just poker.

Downswing nothing special with that but I will take your advice and quit when down 2-3 buy-ins.
    • RealOwen
      RealOwen
      Bronze
      The Comedy Continues....on the river!!

I should probably take another 3 week break from the game.

Or maybe not, since this is getting quite interesting..from my point of view at least.

Played another session later on today and managed to recover some of my losses until the comedy started again and put me down additional 2,5 buy-ins. All together 7,5 buy-ins today!!

I will post you some classic hands when I got my PokerTracker up and running after the system recovery on my laptop.

After been rivered so hard today, I better call it a day and see if the swing will start to swing to other direction tomorrow.
    • RealOwen
      RealOwen
      Bronze
      Moderators please move this thread to blogs section please.

Many hands of poker today. Moving up & down and FYI Im playing 4 tables at once. So by now you should probably wait for some positive news from the poker front, but Im sorry I cant.

Lost again, got rivered once again. What can I say....Im bit frustrated since I invest my own money on this and seem to loose a quite nice bit of it against the donkeys.

Dont you worry about my financial status or the way I play, cause I dont.
      I play NL with a bankroll of $106 or that was my starting bankroll cause now almost $20 went either south or west at the tables.

Im a freak what comes to play by the sss book and hardly ever try my own stuff at the tables, I let the probabilities and math do the talking but Im getting slight concerned whether this is a good idea at all.

Especially at NL10 Im not very sure this would be such a good profit making tool because you get whipped by the donkeys drawing you out on any hand since there is no " money " involved.

I have played big stack NL since 2004 and I thought this sss would bring some new ways and stuff and I know you all are screaming after hand posts & stuff. I will, I will!!

I really, really I hope I start getting that ice cold deck to something good!!!

I better hit it because I need to climb up 8 buy-ins.....
    • citystar12
      citystar12
      Bronze
      5 buy-in's is not so bad I have had like 15 buyin downswings and I'm still playing ;)
    • RealOwen
      RealOwen
      Bronze
      Well that´s good! Well I mean good to hear that Im not alone:-) Yeah 8 buy-ins is probably nothing to worry about so far.
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      8 and 12 buyins is bad but try losing that many buyins and getting so fustrated that you move up the limits DOUBLE your money at the table THEN lose it hahaha that pretty much sucks. Just make sure your playing at a limit that wont crush your bankroll too bad. I'm sure youll start to get some good cards just takes some time
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      After one night when I lost 4 stacks at NL 25 SH tables, decided that I won´t play more, when I manage to loose 2 stacks or more at one session (1-2h of play)