[NL2-NL10] NL10, SB JJ squeeze vs tilted agressive MP3

• Muffin003
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.90, BU folds.

Flop: ($2.8) Q, 2, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60.

Turn: ($6) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $3.00, Hero raises to $14.71, MP3 calls $4.35(All-In).

River: ($28.06) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $28.06.

Pre flop, i am problably squeezing here anyway, but especially against this MP3 guy it was easy as he stacked off a couple of times with junk already and was not folding to 3 bets, and button was calling every button at 67%, so i figured i had to get rid of him at least

Flop.. i guess it looks kind of strong to be checking here but i did it anyway as MP3 had aggression of 5 so i think he will do some betting for me, could be that i didn't get much information from just calling but it was kind of going as planned, and i really assume i have the best hand so often because of the flat call pre (unless this is another moron in tilt mode getting funny with 72o)

Turn.. I am still confident when the T rolls off and I check again because of his aggression (risky that he might check behind though as i think he is drawing now), as expected he bets, but for half pot... this may be a bad way to make a read, but i am making country based reads quite a lot, and this particular country + bet sizing + his tilt + the fact that there are now enough draws out there that i don't want to see any more cards means that i shove to take it down

anyone else making reads based on the location of the player? lol

is allowing him to bluff the turn for the second time a good idea? i mean he must know that i have something when i call the flop, there is nothing to draw to on the flop, and he could easily have checked back, i just figured he would stack off in tilt mode and do the work for me and commit himself
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Muffin003,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Actually if we had TP here then yeah that's true against aggressive opponent I might even consider playing this. But with just mid-pair I'd rather prefer betting myself and then reevaluating further action.

Best regards.