Unusual reaction to return from a break

• DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      I play stud and avoid HE when I can. I've been playing 4-8 hours a day for the last month. I did well for the first 2 weeks then I was on a downswing for the last couple of weeks so I took a break. Today, after a 5 day break, I sat down at a couple of tables. I was doing ok (+12BB on one table +6BB on the other). After about 10 hands on each table I found I was physically shaking (from nerves I think). So I stopped and after a coffee came and wrote this.

Is this sort of reaction normal? Should I read some deeper meaning into it?
  • 6 replies
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DustyMonk
      I play stud and avoid HE when I can. I've been playing 4-8 hours a day for the last month. I did well for the first 2 weeks then I was on a downswing for the last couple of weeks so I took a break. Today, after a 5 day break, I sat down at a couple of tables. I was doing ok (+12BB on one table +6BB on the other). After about 10 hands on each table I found I was physically shaking (from nerves I think). So I stopped and after a coffee came and wrote this.

Is this sort of reaction normal? Should I read some deeper meaning into it?
      I guess you were just getting really excited after your downswing, maybe you wewre expecting to lose again? Then the fact you were winning....

I had a similar experience I was having some bad runs took a break for three days came back and raped(won like 3 buyins in the 1st session)

I think as a amateur when we have huge continuing losses it we quit playing our "A" game even though we don't realize it. Taking a few days off really helps craps loads, just gives us the time to get that mindset back I guess

As far as your shakes, while in the end a little MJ never harmed anyone ;)

good luck

Can I Play stud with a $50 bankroll?
    • DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      Well I went back to the table later and got sucked out on the river by an aggrofish in nearly every hand against him/her. Went down to -50BB then eventually got back to -25BB but the aggrofish had left the table by then. :(
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      sounds to me like your subconcious is suffering from the $ losses.

is the sums of money you are losing meaningful to your life?

if so you might need to rethink your BRM.

if not , I guess its just general frustration.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      That happens to me at times too. I just get a little excited at times I suppose.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      It doesn't sound very healthy to me, I wouldn't play if this was happening to me! Has it stopped happening now?
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Sounds bad to me, are you playing higher than you can afford, and not just in terms of your bankroll? You need to be playing at stakes where you are comfortable losing but enough so you actually care.