Needing Help ASAP

• nowandthen12
      nowandthen12
      Bronze
      Is it possible to suck so much at cash games .05/.10$, that you just want to quit playing cash and just stick to tournaments???? This might be just a bit of my rant and rave from playing cash game on pokerstars, but im just so gutted right now that im considering if I should even bother getting help, or a coach, or do anything for my cash game. If there is someone out there that has gone through this faze of cards, then plz let me know how I can overcome this situation, before it consumes me totally.

My id for ps is Nowandthen12 if you would like to check my stats and respond to this post.

Many thanks in advance for all the advice.
  • 6 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Im basically just going to recommend you stick to 1 kind of game (cash or tournaments) and dont deviate much until your a winning player at the level you want to be. Theres probably other things, but thats my main reccomendation.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nowandthen12
      Is it possible to suck so much at cash games .05/.10$, that you just want to quit playing cash and just stick to tournaments???? This might be just a bit of my rant and rave from playing cash game on pokerstars, but im just so gutted right now that im considering if I should even bother getting help, or a coach, or do anything for my cash game. If there is someone out there that has gone through this faze of cards, then plz let me know how I can overcome this situation, before it consumes me totally.

My id for ps is Nowandthen12 if you would like to check my stats and respond to this post.

Many thanks in advance for all the advice.
      Some people just aren't for both types of games. Some people aren't even for poker.
      But if you plan on sticking to HE poker (I assume you play Holdem) then you should try to avoid starting cash games at NL10? Years have passed but I had a similar problem, you are not alone.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      It's not that you should avoid cash games, but avoid limits which you are not bankrolled for, like nl100-nl200...
    • nowandthen12
      nowandthen12
      Bronze
      Okay the last post was most def. a rant and rave. Today will be a better day and I will be successful at playing. Attempting to play some more cash game at lower limits, if that dosen't work then im not playing cash no more, and just sticking to tournaments, which im playing well at.

Thank you very much for all the posted responses, just want you all to know that I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone out there.
    • nowandthen12
      nowandthen12
      Bronze
      Okay, finally have made the decision to leave the cash game scene, and just concentrate on sng's and tournaments. Thanks to all that have read and responded to this thread. Greatly appreciate the support from this community and best of luck to everyone.
    • nowandthen12
      nowandthen12
      Bronze
      After playing last night, have come to a decision that I don't use self discipline while playing cards, therefore keep making silly mistakes that I know that I shouldn't be making in the first place. Played a couple sit'n'gos, made some incredibly stupid calls, ex: 66 co, vs QJ on Q54 rianbow board against the chip leader for all my chips. So im taking some time to figure out how im going to get self discipline into my card playing or I will fail again and blame it on someone, or something else and that will just become another excuse why I didn't do what im trying to accomplish.