[NL2-NL10] NL10, AQo call OOP, calldown TPTK

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      I feel really, really stupid asking about that but here goes:
      Is that a fold pre-flop? We will be playing out of position, and it's tough to extract value out of weaker hands, and (as we can see in this hand) hard to know if we're beat or not.

I mean we're folding to most of his continuation bets, and even if we call on the flop with some outs we're folding to a 2nd barrel most of the time. We only continue once we hit, and when we do it's so tough to extract value from anything other than KQ.

On the other hand it's so easy for him to push us out, but a default EP oR range (22+,AT+,KJ+) is 50/50 against our AQ. It seems like it's a loosing call pre-flop.

Thoughts please?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.05)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($4.28)
      UTG+2 ($9.19)
      MP1 ($3.81)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($14.18)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) 6:club: Q:heart: 2:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.45) 6:club: Q:heart: 2:spade: 4:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.25) 6:club: Q:heart: 2:spade: 4:spade: 4:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

Hero shows Q:club: A:diamond:
      (Pre 28%, Flop 20.2%, Turn 11.4%)

UTG+1 shows K:spade: K:club: (Pre 72%, Flop 79.8%, Turn 88.6%) UTG+1 wins $5.76
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Preflop: It's not a like a super-easy fold here. But definitely depends what kind of opponent are we against. We don't have to add much either and might even even be able to overplay him.
      Postflop: Therefore it goes the same that we have to ask ourselves whatk ind of range can he raise from UTG? Since as you see there even ain't many worse hands in that spot. I mean does he open-raise with QJ/KQ from UTG? Or is he rather nitty side which might be towards a very strong range. Against rather a nitty opponent we have to consider folding the turn since we can't beat much there.

As played the river there is nothing much to add, but most likely you are against made hand since I don't expect him to bet out like this with weaker PPs.

Best regards.