This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KK ugly board

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.05)
      BB ($3.50)
      CO ($6.57)
      BTN ($9.92)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:diamond:

CO raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.55

FLOP ($1.80) 7:club: J:spade: A:club:

Hero bets $1.20, BTN calls $1.20

TURN ($4.20) 7:club: J:spade: A:club: A:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

RIVER ($8.40) 7:club: J:spade: A:club: A:heart: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5.87 (AI), Hero calls $5.87

Opponent is unknown

FLop - I have to bet to get the information where I am at. Unless he decides to float with weaker hands, I don't get value. But check folding here is too weak I guess.

Turn - there is less chance now that he has an ace, but if I bet, I don't get any value. So I checked and called because - on flop I was thinking long, and on turn I show weakness - so the opponent thinks I definitely don't have an ace, because with ace I am betting. So he now should float very often and represent trips. Of course there are aces in his range as well, but he could slowplay trips, because many people will fold to a bet on turn.

River - I just call because I called the turn and 4 doesn't change much.
  • 4 replies
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      agree with your analysis 100% some people dont like being squeezed so they go tilt-bluffing mode more often then they have the nuts there
    • nixnatasjanix
      nixnatasjanix
      Bronze
      Well, did he have the ace?
      I would've folded on that turn. You got called on the flop. Chances are that he indeed has that ace. Or something else, like a set. A reasonable player would have that kind of hands to call your bet. However, you don't know him so you can't tell. I wouldn't be comfortable risking that with the chance of drawing dead against him. With Kings I would not like to be lead when there are aces on the board. But that's just my humble opinion.

If I found out later on that he is a fishy player, I could use that information to get back at him later on.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: On those limits we don't even have to adjust our squeeze raise size. For that reason I'd consider doing the raise even bigger here ~$1.
      Postflop: Really cruel since their 3bet-calling range may easily consist any kind of Ax hands. Rarely doubt that he playing this aggressively with a hand like Jx/QQ. So practically the hand we beat here is a bluff.

Since you are getting anyways value from Jx/QQ and maybe even like TT here, I'd just bet myself on turn and we could at least find out where our hand stands. In 3bet pots and on such a board it's hard to expect them to have a lot of floats on flop. Of course there might a slight chance that he has. But do we really want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher while we even don't know the opponent?

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      he had T8 :D yeah, we probably would have get a call on turn from that hand. And on the river he could have bet with busted draw, but then I think I would not have called because once he calls two barrels, I am putting him on ace.