[NL2-NL10] NL4 89s

• foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      it's been awhile here, have been playing nl10 for few thousand hands but got downswinged back to nl4, so here i am comfortably playing at nl4 again, and decided to continue posting my hands :) so there it is

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,44
      MP2:
      $4,35

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 8:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0,16, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,34) T:club: , 9:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,24, Hero calls $0,24.

Turn: ($0,82) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,78, Hero raises to $1,68, MP2 raises to $3,95 (All-In), Hero ???

first thought was to fold, he has KQ and has me beat, but KQ is the only hand that does beat me here, while i beat sets, two pairs, overpairs and other sh*t, and it is possible
      i was being aggressive at the table, so he might even think i'm bluffing here
      no reads on villain just the stats, but still i think player like this could shove his sets/two pair here, maybe even flush draw or overplay overpairs, i mean it's probably best is to fold for me in this spot to be safe but there's many possible variations in which i'd be ahead, or is my thought process is flawed here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

Preflop: Actually with those SCs type of hands it's very hard to play OOP and I wouldn't really advice to do that. Unless you are really sure in your postflop play and know the opponent. Have a plan how you gonna play those hands profitable since with just Calling and hoping for a hit you wont play them profitable.

As played
      Postflop: As you saying yourself that he may play this way with even sets/2pairs and maybe even overpairs then I don't really see any other way to play the hand. We can't get it away here and put him on just 1 hand.

Best regards.