[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Jj facing big raise

• PewPewPoker
      PewPewPoker
      Bronze
      Hello everybody!

Here is another hand, with an overpair facing some big raises/bets, just like the previous hand I posted.
      It's the size of the bets that's bothering me...
      Maybe it's worth mentioning that this is played on everest, where there's a minbet and potbet button (and most of the time the fish just use potbet 'cause its faster or something)

Any thoughts on this hand?

Thanks in advance :P

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6,18
      BU:
      $23,69

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      CO folds, BU calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,25, BB folds, BU calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,55) 7:spade: , 7:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,3, BU raises to $1,45, Hero calls $1,15.

Turn: ($3,45) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,45, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3,45
  • 4 replies
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      i think u are ahead here.

u have to think of the hands he just calls preflop with.10/10 99,88,66,55,44,33,22 some suited connectors maybe the odd gapper or broadway cards.

His raise on the flop usually means 66,88,99,10/10 maybe 78,76,33(may slowplay this) or maybe a flush draw

The king on the turn doesn't really change anything. so i probz just shove turn and expect to be good a lot of the time.

that's my 2 cents anyway :)
    • Nardiss
      Nardiss
      Gold
      First of all, our Opponent is 38/7 which is indicator that he's probably passive player.His calling range preflop includes a lot of hands,and a lot 7x hands.His flop raise is very strong (Passive players don't usually raise wihout very strong hands), most often he has a 7 here, or a Full house or maybe even slowplayed QQ+ .He might ocasionally have 88-TT here but this is just a very litle % of his range.Unless this guy just lost a big pot or you just see him out of line postflop, this should be pretty easy and ok fold on the flop.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Hi there Pewpewpoker,

This thread was created in the Discussion Forums, but it should rightfully belong in the hand evaluation forums. (you will see it as a subforum above). I will move it there now. Just want to flag that so you will create it in the proper section next time and so that our awesome hand judges can see it and comment on it :)

Also it helps if you take a look at our hand evaluation rules.

These rules help our hand evaluation forum run more smoothly. Thanks so much for your cooperation. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to let me know ;)

smiles,
      wendy
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PewPewPoker,

Of course it would be any other raise size which would be smaller then ye true I would consider going for a Call and then maybe reevaluating it on turn. But as he makes it that huge and I don't even expect the opponent to do that with a lot worse I'd rather Bet/Fold it. Usually those stations are turning crazy with very strong hands rather than just an overpair.

Best regards.