BB ($16.83)
      Hero ($10.15)
      UTG+1 ($13.23)
      CO ($4.09)
      BTN ($2.75)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:heart:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.85) 9:diamond: 4:spade: 4:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $3.20, BB raises to $5, Hero raises to $9.75 (AI), BB calls $4.75

24/17/2.4 332 hands

His range has pocket pairs most of the time, maybe AK, AQ. And he raises me on flop. So this is very strong or a bluff. I he raises for protection then he has TT+.

How do you think how many bluffs we can include there? If there is not many bluffs then there is no point in even calling.

I played bad this, because I didn't think about his tight range, I thought he could have hands like A9, K9 and go allin with them. But I was too optimistic :D

So maybe this is even bet/fold on flop. But folding JJ feels too weak again. But if I call them what will I do if he bets again? I am paying off to his QQ, KK, AA and only getting value from TT in best case scenario.

But if he beats me with hand like 55-88 then that sucks. What is best line here?
  • 3 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      i dont like your raise sizing and the fact that youre in position and wont let him bluff the turn if hes bluffing...
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      Yeah i doubt he would be soo happy with a 9. I just call. In my experience all this raising means something good. very rarely a bluff. 99+ I have to assume... then A9s maybe given his range, but unlikely to go so bet happy with this, and the same with 55-88. Have to say looks most like 99or QQ depending on his 3bet%.

Once he's raised to £5 he's definately going all in by river. however if the board ran well, I'd try to check turn and if he checks river on another blank, value bet.

Also the likelyhood of him bluffing or shoving lighter could be based on you're agression.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Even if he has bluffs then why do you think he will continue against your 3bet? I don't like to isolate myself against better hands here. Rather just call and keep bluffs in the play. :)

Best regards.