8-Game Stud8 Hand

• chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Ya sorry for the unconverted hand

PokerStars Game #65998445460: 8-Game (7 Card Stud Hi/Lo Limit, $4/$8 USD) - 2011/08/14 11:32:15 ET
      Table 'Lictoria VII' 6-max
      Seat 1: VoljuVKulak ($89.85 in chips)
      Seat 4: luckud ($59.60 in chips)
      Seat 5: hav0cLOL ($334.65 in chips)
      Seat 6: Pekka3 ($83.70 in chips)
      luckud: posts the ante $0.80
      hav0cLOL: posts the ante $0.80
      Pekka3: posts the ante $0.80
      VoljuVKulak: posts the ante $0.80
      *** 3rd STREET ***
      Dealt to VoljuVKulak [Kd]
      Dealt to luckud [Qs]
      Dealt to hav0cLOL [2h Ah Qh]
      Dealt to Pekka3 [Ks]
      hav0cLOL: brings in for $1.20
      Pekka3: raises $2.80 to $4
      VoljuVKulak: raises $4 to $8
      hav0cLOL said, "ouch"
      luckud: folds
      hav0cLOL: calls $6.80
      Pekka3: calls $4
      *** 4th STREET ***
      Dealt to VoljuVKulak [Kd] [8h]
      Dealt to hav0cLOL [2h Ah Qh] [Ac]
      Dealt to Pekka3 [Ks] [7h]
      hav0cLOL: checks
      Pekka3: checks
      VoljuVKulak: bets $4
      hav0cLOL: calls $4
      Pekka3: calls $4
      *** 5th STREET ***
      Dealt to VoljuVKulak [Kd 8h] [7c]
      Dealt to hav0cLOL [2h Ah Qh Ac] [Qc]
      Dealt to Pekka3 [Ks 7h] [3c]
      Pekka3: checks
      VoljuVKulak: bets $8
      hav0cLOL: raises $8 to $16
      Pekka3: folds
      VoljuVKulak: raises $8 to $24
      hav0cLOL: raises $8 to $32
      Betting is capped
      VoljuVKulak: calls $8
      *** 6th STREET ***
      Dealt to VoljuVKulak [Kd 8h 7c] [5h]
      Dealt to hav0cLOL [2h Ah Qh Ac Qc] [3d]
      hav0cLOL: bets $8
      VoljuVKulak: raises $8 to $16
      hav0cLOL: raises $8 to $24
      VoljuVKulak: raises $8 to $32
      Betting is capped
      hav0cLOL: calls $8
      *** RIVER ***
      Dealt to hav0cLOL [2h Ah Qh Ac Qc 3d] [2d]
      VoljuVKulak: bets $8
      hav0cLOL: calls $8
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      VoljuVKulak: shows [Kc Kh Kd 8h 7c 5h 9s] (HI: three of a kind, Kings)
      hav0cLOL: mucks hand
      VoljuVKulak collected $181.20 from pot
      No low hand qualified
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $183.20 | Rake $2
      Seat 1: VoljuVKulak showed [Kc Kh Kd 8h 7c 5h 9s] and won ($181.20) with HI: three of a kind, Kings
      Seat 4: luckud folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
      Seat 5: hav0cLOL mucked [2h Ah Qh Ac Qc 3d 2d]
      Seat 6: Pekka3 folded on the 5th Street

Pekka3 is an overaggro fish, VoljuVKulak is a regular at these games up to 10/20 I think and plays OK, definitely better at the stud games than me, definitely worse at the rest.

Could be just an outright fold on 3rd facing the 3bet but I like playing pots with Pekka3. Anyways I set the tarp on 4th expecting Voljuv to never have hidden Ks given the dead K. I hit good on 5th and check/raise. Therein lies the first question: do I cap 5th? Once I do, do I make the 3bet on 6th?
  • 3 replies
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      capping 5th is questionable, but I certainly don't 3b 6th if I've capped 5th just because there is no way on god's green earth that he's folding a low (and let's face it, he either has a low already or a strong high hand with low potential) and there's no need to make the pot bigger.

but i think capping 5th is ok just because it's really hard for you to have trips as well because of the other Q, which means he can call it off lighter than he might normally. on 5th, he's only repping like trup kings and kings up for high I think though. obv there are more 2pr combos than trups, so capping is ok, but I prolly just play bet call on 6th to get another bet on 7th from missed lows that have a kind of high.

hope that makes sense, i'm v tired. ;)
    • EvGalois
      EvGalois
      Bronze
      I am not taking on this game much these days but it is a great game for you brain membrane and I used to play it more often pre-UIEGA on Ongame.

First I am just have a different opinion on 3rd street since the Q is a dead card. I would never call 2 raises from bring in regardless of two low cards and 2 high cards plus double suited. I mean this hand has to hit 3 streets perfectly for it to scoop. Maybe I am tight but I wouldnt commit there.

On 4th street you make the correct play by betting when you hit the ace. VoljuKulak is obviously blanking his range here.

On 5th street it is an okey cap with aces up and standard on this limit many times but then you have to be "aware" and be able to slow down on 6th. IMO I think it is clear that this "reg" VoljuVKulak is declaring he has a set or a 4 straight like 56k87 and 46k87. My experience says that at least 3/4 of the time in this spot I put my opponent on a set. Voljujak should also know that you most likely don't have QQQ (remember one dead Q card) but most likely 2 pair.

On 6th street if you continue aggressively I think that nothing more than a bet call is in order here - especially if you look at the board.

On 7th street a check call is in order.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EvGalois
      I am not taking on this game much these days but it is a great game for you brain membrane and I used to play it more often pre-UIEGA on Ongame.

First I am just have a different opinion on 3rd street since the Q is a dead card. I would never call 2 raises from bring in regardless of two low cards and 2 high cards plus double suited. I mean this hand has to hit 3 streets perfectly for it to scoop. Maybe I am tight but I wouldnt commit there.
      Interesting point but remember that despite the title it's more or less stud hi only given the cards our opponent is showing.

Originally posted by EvGalois

On 6th street if you continue aggressively I think that nothing more than a bet call is in order here - especially if you look at the board.

On 7th street a check call is in order.
      [/quote]Ya I like this more in retrospect. I think I don't have the required equity to make the 3bet on 6th either.