players sitting out

• 8 replies
    • Krasi53
      Krasi53
      Bronze
      If a player sits out for 25 hands ( I think ) he will be removed from the table, that's for cash games of course :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      thanks for your reply, at least I know they dont sit there for hours now!! It always seems like hours when im playing, because I play mss and need to play with a full set of players I think it winds me up a bit :P
    • soapy27
      soapy27
      Bronze
      i think it sholud be banned!! as people can sit out most of a game then join in when enough players have went out and they think they can take advantage.its so stupid!
      on Everest if you sit out for a couple of orbits they put you out, even in SnGs nd MTTs which i think is brilliant as ive been the victim of people sittin out and as you are playing your chip stack fluctuates and people rejoin table and end up puttin me out.
      so imo it should be banned!!lol(rant over) :s_evil:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by soapy27
      i think it sholud be banned!! as people can sit out most of a game then join in when enough players have went out and they think they can take advantage.its so stupid!
      on Everest if you sit out for a couple of orbits they put you out, even in SnGs nd MTTs which i think is brilliant as ive been the victim of people sittin out and as you are playing your chip stack fluctuates and people rejoin table and end up puttin me out.
      so imo it should be banned!!lol(rant over) :s_evil:
      nice Rant!! I think it should be a lot less than it is as it does spoil the game for many people, personally if I need to sit out of a game for any more than a few minutes( phone rings or call of nature) I just fold out of the game as I feel its not fair on the other players :P
    • candylarue
      candylarue
      Bronze
      I find it happens more in tournaments when the bubble approaches. Players don't want to make mistake and miss the $$. But it is a buy-in tourny, and how you play is up to each player, as he/she has put $$ in the prize pool.
    • soapy27
      soapy27
      Bronze
      i understand that everyone pays their money so they are entitled to play whatever way they want, but imagine if everybody sat out and you were the only one playin. it would be the most borin and annoyin game of poker ever. I personally think every poker room should copy Everest and put the sit out players out!!! poker players also have to think about table etiquette online same as they would live :)
    • Xenon50
      Xenon50
      Bronze
      Originally posted by candylarue
      I find it happens more in tournaments when the bubble approaches. Players don't want to make mistake and miss the $$. But it is a buy-in tourny, and how you play is up to each player, as he/she has put $$ in the prize pool.
      yeah this is really true personally i think sitting out in a tournament should be capped/limited. anymore sitouts past 'x' number of time is a DQ, but i mean realistically its never going to happen.

i also think its mega weak-sauce to sit out just to get a prize place because it takes 0-skill and you are basically playing a war of attrition which is NOT what poker should be about. :rage:
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      10 mins and u r kicked out
      I use it regularly to take a break for 6-7 mins cause its a pain to join waiting lists again so I take bigger breaks