Ring size and question on book

• LoOkzor
      LoOkzor
      Bronze
      Alright so aside from my multi tabling question, I found out harrington had a cash book on ring max 6, and that he also heavily explained the HUD and what stats were interesting and almost necessary if wanting to play several tables not having the ability to keep a keen eye on certain players.

Anyway, I bought the book, and have devoured most of it, my question is how much different should the play be from 6 to 9/10, and do you generally just play more loose the lower the ring size, and a little tighter the larger the ring size (due to being more people behind and so forth)?

So I guess I'm asking if I were to follow some of his advice, would that mostly be applicable to both sizes, with the need to tighten or loosen depending on the size?

I mostly bought it for the HUD explanation, and its really made me realize how important HUDs can be for online play, and that it can really give you insights into how an opponent plays when you have enough data on him/her without always focusing on just one table and key opponents.

I also like his explanation on the types of players that might exist in Micro and to some extent low stakes poker, i.e johnny ALL-IN, Aggro Al and Loose lou. Funny names, it made it entertaining to read, and everytime I told myself this is the last page I carried on reading until I got to the part where it told you how to move up from micro to small takes. I decided not to bother as I'm going to be micro'ing for a while.
  • 3 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi lookzor,

i found this article demonstrating differences between 6max and full ring play. alas, i discovered it is for silver members+ but hopefully you will be able to read it soon enough.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1569/1/

in general, i've found play on 6max tables to be looser and more aggressive. but many of the concepts should still be the same. :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • LoOkzor
      LoOkzor
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick response! Hopefully I can move up the level soon. I've purposely deposited on william hill so that I can enable myself to earn strategy points.

Would I also earn rake or just strategy points?
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LoOkzor
      Thanks for the quick response! Hopefully I can move up the level soon. I've purposely deposited on william hill so that I can enable myself to earn strategy points.

Would I also earn rake or just strategy points?
      Unfortunately William Hill are not currently offering rakeback. But the good news is you can play in our daily freerolls click below for more info:

Daily freerolls at William Hill.

Good luck!