Going to start new on Pokerstars. Help

• Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Hi Today i am going to make an account with pokerstars and deposit and begin playing there. I should say i am already a Pokerstartegy member and have been tracked via FTP (shutdown) and everest poker (worst software in world)

I just need a bit of info so that i dont f**k anything up.

1) Obviously it would be nice to be tracked via pokerstrategy so when i setup my account i simply enter "strategy-en" code when doing so and I am automatically tracked? Dont need to download client from some special link? Will i get my rakeback with this method?

2) Obviously i want to make full use of the first deposit bonus. To gain this I simply enter "STARS600" when depositing? And i assume the bonus is paid in installments of VIP points?

3) I will deposit with my VISA debit card. I assume that once that has gone through and i am at the tables i can expect no problem in withdrawing to the same card?

Thanks for reading and answering any questions you can.

See you at the tables soon! :P
  • 6 replies
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Ohh oh i just realized when i downloaded the software that i already have a play money account on pokerstars that is a few years old. This account is registered to the same email address as my pokerstrategy account.

I guess that means no rakeback for me? Dont fancy getting banned and dont even think tracking would work if emails are different.

Is there anything i could do. ?
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Hey Kodark,

Don't worry, it doesn't matter where you made your first account, you will still have the same perks like any other player on Pokerstars. You will get the same vip bonuses, same vip levels etc. This means you can not play tracked through Pokerstars, so you won't be able to gather Strategypoints through Pokerstars.

Concerning your previous questions, I can only access the .be website of Pokerstars and the bonuses there are currently non-existent. I'm sure one of my fellow mods or other players can answer those for you.

Hope this helps,

NIVEKii
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Kodark,

I have one good and bad news. Which one shall I start with? :)

I start with the bad news. :(

Unfortunately PokerStars does not allow the re-tracking of player accounts. We understand that those of you who do not have a tracked account are upset.

Briefly about why this wouldn't be a logical step for PokerStars. As you know as an affiliate we earn money by referring customers to each poker room. If they would decide to re-track your accounts it would mean they would need to give up some of their share and pay us a certain % in exchange. If you think about it, you soon realize that any emails requesting such would just have a dead end.

We have discussed this matter with PokerStars in the past but ultimately have to accept PokerStars’ decision.

And the good news :D

To answer the question about affiliates; there are no affiliate extras allowed by PokerStars.

Although a lot of people "sigh" over the fact they don't get fixed rakeback on Stars, it is important to know that you pay less rake on Stars than most sites. :)

If you are paying 10% more rake on one site than Stars but getting 10% more effective rakeback (or cashback) then ofc it is the same thing. Also focusing too much on rakeback is a bad idea, you should focus on how to increase your win rate as much as possible. Of course rakeback/loyalty bonuses are one way, but weakness of opposition/games available/software are equally important when doing your win rate calculations.

For example. There may be a network called PokerTotal.

My requirements are that I want to be able to play 10 tables of $1/$2 against weak opponents and get $30% rakeback minimum.

1) They have $1/$2 - Fantastic!

2) They are giving me 50% rakeback WOW!

3) The opponents are terrible Where do I sign?????

4) There are only 2 tables running - I'm a grinder... get me outttttttttta here

You are welcome to take a look at our Poker room partners and create a tracked account via PokerStrategy.com.

Anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
      Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey again,

If you read all the wall of text of ours :D you deserve a gold medal and now onto the next question.

What are you looking for in a poker room?

Bonuses/VIP perks/ player type...

What limits do you play/ how beginner/advanced are you?

If You could tell me these, I would be able to come back and advise you on which other poker room should you give a try.

Ingrid
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Hi guys thanks so much for your replys.

What i am looking for is a very popular pokersite to fill the hole FTP left inside me.

For me that has to be pokerstars and only pokerstars. Pokerstars software is the only other IP i know that has the same level of quality and the same level of players. This by default means there is plenty of fish.

I have decided to go ahead and deposit on Stars and using the STARS600 code i at least got that bonus. Also seeing as august is a special VIP club for pokerstars now seemed like the best place to deposit.

To answer your questions limits is nl10 with shots at nl25 every time i feel like i can afford to.

One thing about pokerstars or at least my logic on the matter is that most new players aka my meal ticket, do not yet really understand the poker community. They are most likely to pick FTP (closed) pokerstars or partypoker as their first place to begin playing, it is due to this popularity of the site that i have chosen it.

I did not go with partypoker because i have been told bad things about the software.

Also kind of hard to say if i am a beginner or intermediate. Really depends on who is asking and what you define them as. If an NL1000 player asked me i would say beginner. If an NL2 player asked me i would say intermediate lol.

So im going to stick with stars. Thanks for all the info though :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Kodark,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I hope you'll enjoy playing at PokerStars and let me know if you changed your mind and need some help further on:)

Ingrid