2nl - 5nl

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      just gone up to 5nl and it is soooo nitty i can't get paid with anything. and i do table select but the juicy tables have like 7+ players in line. i refuse to wait on a table with more than 2 waiting because if i do join a waiting list the table will be full of the nits who were waiting ahead of me by the time i get there. what should i do?
  • 5 replies
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Well.... there are many ways :D

1. Go down to NL2 :) :) :)
      2. Learn how to beat Nit table.
      3. Join half-full tables, but don't play. Just wait until the fish come in.

I prefer #2. It's harder and to be honest I'm not yet success :f_confused: But I believe in long term this is the best option.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Learn HU basics and start new tables (sit at an empty table and wait for it to fill up). After fish that join loose their money and leave, you leave too and start a new table. ;)
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Learn to LAG so you get the blinds in 90% of pots :P ?

Nah I joke, just steal and c-bet more against nittier players. This is because they will give up their blinds often enough that in some cases you can profitably steal with any two cards. Even if they call your steal that isnt the end of the world, as there is a very high chance your c-bet will make them fold. You should also try to isolate more often against a very nitty table.

Oh and if they call or raise your c-bet you should give up without a made hand or very strong draw.

Just how I beat the nits :P
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies, i'll give it a go. so i'll just open up my steal range a little then? i thought 2nl and 5nl play pretty much the same way? although i guess i'm up against a fair few who have managed to go through 2nl... maybe i just need to get used to it and adjust. and thanks Ticiboy i'll try that out :)
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      If you use a HUD you can see how often the players will give up each blind, and then you can actually mathematically work out what kind of % of hands its profitable to steal with against them. Obviously you will rarely have the kind of sample for an exact calculation to be done, however you can normally roughly work it out and steal a decent bit wider. Recently ive been sitting next to nits, and my button PFR has shot up to about 40%, with a decent bit of my profit coming from steals or successful flop cbets after a failed steal.