• SPeedFANat1c
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.69)
      Hero ($15.02)
      CO ($13.72)
      BTN ($1.69)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:heart:

CO raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.30, CO raises to $4.20, Hero calls $2.90

FLOP ($8.45) 4:diamond: K:heart: 5:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($8.45) 4:diamond: K:heart: 5:spade: 4:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($8.45) 4:diamond: K:heart: 5:spade: 4:spade: J:heart:

Hero bets $2, CO raises to $5.75, Hero folds

CO wins $11.83

3bet 5.4
      4bet 12 (17)
      4bet range 2 (17)
      cbet 71
      steal from CO 25

hands 729

note - he can go allin with AQs 100 bb

I would have gone allin, but after I made 3bet I noticed that we are deep, so did't want to go allin with QQ.

I was prepared to give up if I see overcards. But he shows weakness on two streets, so I think I could bet and he will think I am bluffing and maybe will call with some weak pair if he has such.
  • 4 replies
    • matovicmilos
      I would rather ship it or fold pf then call such a huge 4bet, because if he has AA, KK and flop comes low you are still gonna stack off, you might have as well done that pre, and if it comes with A or K you are going to give up to a weaker hand possibly with stacks just little over pot size left.

I think fold would be better option if you think that your opponent is scared of stack sizes and only 4bets AA,KK,AK there, or if you think he would make a move because he thinks you are scared of stack sizes then i would ship
    • Jaissica
      Villain handrange AQs, JJ+ - you are at 44.33%

2.65 is already in the pot, which is capped at $27.49 (13.72 each plus 5 cents from the SB). If you shove at 44.33% you commit a further 12.42 with an expected return of 12.19.

Its close. At that range the safe move is to let them go to the big 4bet. If the villain could make that 4bet with a wider range though, say AQo, TT+ - a 5bet becomes viable.

The ultimate decision would come down to what I thought his image of you was - are you re-stealing often / sometimes / ever? Does he think you are just leaning on his steals and is sick of it? If so the villain's range just became some suited connectors, 77+, ATo+, A7s+, and all-in is the place to be.

If not, fold :)

Edit - just to add that calling here is the ultimate crappy spot. You don't have set value to draw to a queen, and every flop you overpair is going to leave you exposed to AA / KK or worse (possible 77-JJ sets). Fold or raise, there is no call.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      it would have been best to just call his raise (not 4bet) and outplay him post flop I think, but it was too late when I saw we are deep.

The ultimate decision would come down to what I thought his image of you was - are you re-stealing often / sometimes / ever?

my image is tight when it comes to blind defence, I have not much experiece, but I have to work on it, because I loose much money because of steals.

SB fold to steal is 89.6
      BB fold to steal is 84.9
    • veriz
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Don't like the Call of 4bet at all. He ain't giving any room for you to do any plays postflop. Of course ain't gonna pay with worse either. I'd decide right here either I am planning to play for the stacks or just giving it up.

As played
      Postflop: Most likely he is trapping you on flop and maybe even turn. Unless he is capable of Checking behind his worse PPs. On river I don't really see many hands from we get value from? Most of his 4bet range did hit and as my thoughts were that he looks like trapping on flop I might just Check it on river as well, he is not gonna pay us with worse.

Best regards.