get money. get paid

• Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      hello there.
      I'm a guy whose studying at the university of nottingham and playing poker. I enjoy other things though, ie going out, playin guitar/tennis, watching jeremy kyle and sorting out my fantasy football team.... and watching football....

How i began playing poker.....

About half a year ago now i decided to start playing poker, originally because of some home games at uni (STTs for about a fiver) which i didnt really care too much about, but just played for a laugh, normally when hammered Through this I discovered my friends dark past. He had just finished a gap year funded entirely by a 40k cash from the sunday million on stars. naturally i thought this sounded like a good idea and started casually depositing 10 dollars at a time, whilst grasping the basics of the game. Naturally i lost all of that. I got a few of the 1 week trials of training sites (deuces cracked and bluefire), downloaded all the videos on cash poker and sngs. and just watched them whilst playing casually.
      So about january time-ish i deposited $50 in full tilt, started playing sit n goes for $1 (or whatever the closest limit was...) got sbout 50 through this. Then i started playing cash games a 2/5c and worked my way up to about $500 playing 5/10c. Anyway about this time ftp took the que to close down. So as it is i'm waiting to see when/if i ever get some money back....
      By this time i was in the thick of my uni overdraft so I discover this here site, which was a bit of a godsend. got 50 on party poker, and just played tonnnes of $1 sng's until the withdrawal bonus was cleared (I slowly lost money and when i withdrew I had $35).
      Alright so that was about 2 weeks ago, and after i withdrew the money i decided to deposit on wsop.com which sadly this site doesn't cover. But i was taken in by their free £20 deal, so after depositing the $35 i had something like $70. I started playing nl2 at quite a large rate (16 tables or so) in order to get the 100% deposit bonus. within just under a week i worked it up to $160 and started playing nl6, where I switched to 6 max. This is where i currently am with a bankroll of exactly $220. My intention is to withdraw when I get my deposit bonus from wsop.com and move it to 888 (I am currently at 55% but obviously this will be reached faster playing nl6).

Loose Intentions/Aims

I intend on putting most of my spare time into poker, maybe 2 sessions or so of 8-9 tables as i cant play so many doing 6 max, keep on timing out. I'm also going to try and analyse as many hands as possible on the forums, to the best of my ability and see what others think of my ideas. (I did this a few times on 2p2, but in general it seems like most people on those forums will hunt you down an murder your family if you say something they dont agree with)

Annyyway my ultimate intention is to have enough to make a solid contribution to going travelling around europe and asia next summer.

My aim is to be playing at least NL 25 by christmas (if this is too ambitious i will simply change christmas to summer lol).

Anyway i'll post a few hands on this post and progress and graphs and if im feeling nuts i may say something else
  • 4 replies
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze

Haven't played since thursday however due to helping my friend move in to his house, but hopefully ill be playing later this week. After i've finished painting the house...
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      gl with your quest!

lol at consequences for not agreeing with a hand eval. geez people can be quite over the top :D
      i dont really see a dip in that graph. :p keep it up!
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Good luck :D I did the same sort of thing last year and managed NL25 by Christmas, so it's not too ambitious :D

And I agree about the 2p2 thing :D They take things soooo seriously there..
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      @purplefizz thankyou!

@wriggers Yeah I was hoping so, just didnt fancy making it too hard. just read a bit of your blog! u been to watch newcastle play? ive been up there a few times, its a good night!