Account blocked with my holidays money in it...

• Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      I really liked 888 (nice soft, good tables and poker cams)

I had good perfs on big tournaments (like sunday 90$) and my bankroll was good

Until I received this by email..

Dear ------, I am Francis V. from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. I am contacting you in regards to your 888poker account with username "----------".

We have become alerted to several patterns of play upon your account that indicate a breach of our Terms and Conditions. We have conducted an investigation into your account to discover any signs of fraudulent activity. The patterns we are concerned with include members intentionally losing hands through our tables.

Therefore, in accordance with these conditions, your account with ourselves has been blocked. If you know of any reasons, contrary to the above, please could you inform us of these. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact us.

Regards, Francis V. Operations Department Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd. operations@cassava.net

Wtf???
  • 23 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Corvette1981,

ugh, really sorry to read that you're having problems with your 888 account.

Have you tried to contact them and receive an explanation?

Ingrid
    • Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      This is my reply to them:

Is that a joke? Fold equitty is huge on internet poker and part of my gamplay is to make tight players fold good hands... Can you explain " The patterns we are concerned with include members intentionally losing hands through our tables." ?

I read other players who were gaining money on 888 received the same email.. do they chase good players at 888?
    • Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      Also, once at a table there was a guy totally on tilt against me (he was losing money) who said he's gonna fill a complain against me..

Don't know if it's related
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Corvette1981
      Also, once at a table there was a guy totally on tilt against me (he was losing money) who said he's gonna fill a complain against me..

Don't know if it's related
      maybe, maybe not.. :( I wouldn't know for sure unless we ask the poker room. Have you got that user nickname or hand history or similar doc?
    • Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      No I don't have log of this guy, it just made me laugh at the time

I don't think it's related though
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      ok then, please let me know when you received a reply to your last email.

Some advice:

- try to avoid: attacking style (even if I would understand your reasons :( )
      - long explanations.. and wall of text
      - You could write short, simple questions... just shoot directly to the point

Hope it gets solved soon.
      Ingrid
    • Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      Here is what they answered, INCREDIBLE !!!! They accuse me of doing money laundry on 3 pots of MAXIMUM 10$, and thus taking my 1000$ brankroll for them !!!!

Good Afternoon Benoit.

I firstly apologise for the delay in responding to your email. I have reviewed your account and also your game history.

Whilst reviewing your game history I see that you have been participating in the transfer of money on our tables. As previously explained to you, this is when one member intentionally loses to another member so money can be transferred.

We are in particular concerned regarding your game play with "EliotUltra, Samustara & Pipiolin88". Using our tables to transfer money is strictly against our Terms and Conditions and will not be tolerated.

In our Terms and Conditions which you agreed to upon opening your account you declare that the source of funds used by you for gambling on the Site is not illegal and that you will not use the Service in any way as a money transfer system.

You will not use the Service for any unlawful or fraudulent activity or prohibited transaction (including money laundering) under the laws of any jurisdiction that applies to you (in particular, the laws of Gibraltar). If there is any reason or any information that you could provide us with to help with this investigation please inform us at you earliest convenience. Regards Sherylee Operations Department
    • Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      And my answer...

Hope someone from 888 is reading this forum.. I'm gonna post in 2+2 too, THEY are the cheaters!

Sherylee,

I have in no way been doing money transfer on 888, and I don't see why would I do on such small pots. I usually play small stakes as you probably noticed.

Can you send me the complete history of the hands involved in the case please?

Regards, BL
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      That's a good reply :) I don't see why anyone would chipdump for pots of $10 when you can just use the transfer feature ?( Hopefully you get it sorted.
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      Corvette1981, what is your nationality? What nationality have the other 3 persons involved in this matter? Is anyone of those 3 usernames involved in fraudulent deposits actions? On what tables were you playing? How many players were on at those tables when you won that money from those players? Where you chating on tables with those 3 usernames? How many hands did you played with them? Was it hit and run style?
    • Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      I'm Belgian

For the other questions I will answer to you when 888 gives me the hand history. I usually play NL5 and NL10.. sometimes NL20.
    • Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      It seems they don't want to cooperate in sharing the involved hands history... AND ask me to justify on my gameplay with no data provided...

They keep on saying the same things

Good Morning Benoit

The patterns of play we are concerned about are with members: EliotUltra Samustara Pipiolin88

Using our tables to transfer money is strictly against our Terms and Conditions and will not be tolerated. Therefore could you please explain any game play which is relevant to the above mentioned members and on your relationship with these members.

Once we receive your response, we shall be able to proceed with your account.

Regards
      Natalie Operations Department Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      OMFG WTF?? And I was thinking of joining 888, but the horror stories about the support are really getting to me.
    • Corvette1981
      Corvette1981
      Bronze
      They unblocked my account.. I removed all my money, this was too scary
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      A happy ending :)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Im happy you got a good outcome. :)

What did they say in the end?

Carl
    • icebreaker1203
      icebreaker1203
      Bronze
      Happy End :P

I" ve been playing on 888 for a year now ,and i had only problems with withdraws...For exp. I cashout on my credit card and they split it across neteller, my other card and bookers! Pretty rediculous
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      their explanation?
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Probably you used all of them to deposit at some point and haven't withdrawn since. This is the same system PokerStars has, so nothing new.