This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Sh Ak

• abc794
      abc794
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($6.99)
      CO ($5)
      Button ($5)
      SB ($5.29)
      BB ($5)
      Hero (UTG) ($5)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:spade: , A:heart:
      Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.47) 10:club: , Q:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, CO calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.17) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

River: ($2.37) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.13, CO raises to $3.85 (All-In), Hero calls $2.72 (All-In)

Total pot: $10.07 | Rake: $0.49

Results:
      Hero had K:spade: , A:heart: (straight, Ace high).
      CO had Q:heart: , A:spade: (full house, Queens over Aces).
      Outcome: CO won $9.58

i guess the best line here is to c/f flop? or b/f ? and then c/f or c/c turn? and what about the river? i am really confused about this hand, i mean it is obvious that i call for a split pot on the river, so c/c river, because i don't get any value anyway? or even c/f?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello abc794,

Depends really what kind of player he is? I don't really see what cards we beat on river. I mean we might only get a split there and that's all. But everything like TT/QJ/JJ/AQ completed and beat us. So therefore the river Call is mostly only for a split, don't think that he would do that with trips here anyways. So while it's still more than 50% of our stack to Call I'd make a hero-fold here.

Turn: About the play on turn I'd say it might be even better idea to go for a Check/Call since he wont pay you with a lot worse hands here anyways. But of course this again depends what kind of opponent he is. But I don't even mind if he Checks behind here, we still get value on river from worse.

As played
      River: Kinda cruel and as you went for value on turn then I'd be really inclined to Block-bet/Fold it, maybe even a bit less ~$1. Since I don't really see him shoving with a lot worse hands. At the best it's a split. No point to Check/Call it either since he wont bluff here and what if he does bet a huge amount? We might even have to Check/Fold then.

Best regards.