[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Sh Ak

• abc794
      abc794
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($6.99)
      CO ($5)
      Button ($5)
      SB ($5.29)
      BB ($5)
      Hero (UTG) ($5)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:spade: , A:heart:
      Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.47) 10:club: , Q:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, CO calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.17) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

River: ($2.37) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.13, CO raises to $3.85 (All-In), Hero calls $2.72 (All-In)

Total pot: $10.07 | Rake: $0.49

Results:
      Hero had K:spade: , A:heart: (straight, Ace high).
      CO had Q:heart: , A:spade: (full house, Queens over Aces).
      Outcome: CO won $9.58

i guess the best line here is to c/f flop? or b/f ? and then c/f or c/c turn? and what about the river? i am really confused about this hand, i mean it is obvious that i call for a split pot on the river, so c/c river, because i don't get any value anyway? or even c/f?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello abc794,

Depends really what kind of player he is? I don't really see what cards we beat on river. I mean we might only get a split there and that's all. But everything like TT/QJ/JJ/AQ completed and beat us. So therefore the river Call is mostly only for a split, don't think that he would do that with trips here anyways. So while it's still more than 50% of our stack to Call I'd make a hero-fold here.

Turn: About the play on turn I'd say it might be even better idea to go for a Check/Call since he wont pay you with a lot worse hands here anyways. But of course this again depends what kind of opponent he is. But I don't even mind if he Checks behind here, we still get value on river from worse.

As played
      River: Kinda cruel and as you went for value on turn then I'd be really inclined to Block-bet/Fold it, maybe even a bit less ~$1. Since I don't really see him shoving with a lot worse hands. At the best it's a split. No point to Check/Call it either since he wont bluff here and what if he does bet a huge amount? We might even have to Check/Fold then.

Best regards.