[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, BU, JTs; 3bet from SB

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      SB is 11/9, steal=18%, AF=1.4, 3bet on the SB= 16% (~3 out of 19 situations).

What to do when we're faced with a 3bet here IP? Against this nit it's most probably a fold, but what about 3bet monkeys or situations where our image is very LAG and we're quite sure people are playing back at us?

What flops to donk? What flops to raise?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.35)
      BB ($12.08)
      UTG ($1.94)
      CO ($11.44)
      Hero ($15.12)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, SB raises to $1.30, fold, Hero?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Against this opponent rather fold it.

But as you asked about aggressive opponent:

What to do when we're faced with a 3bet here IP? Against this nit it's most probably a fold, but what about 3bet monkeys or situations where our image is very LAG and we're quite sure people are playing back at us?

With JTs it really comes up to the opponent. How easily we can make him fold postflop, what's really his 3bet value, how often does he go to showdowns, how often does he give up postflop, is he capable of barreling a lot of streets. What kind of image do we have on ourselves.

What flops to donk? What flops to raise?

Usually the donking against aggressive players doesn't make sense much since you even can't donk while you are IP. :P But if you even were OOP then donking doesn't make sense either while you can't represent much with it. An aggressor might even raise you. I wouldn't raise either unless I have a made hand like a draw or pair or something similar. And even with pairs I would play against specific opponents differently.

Best regards.