[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, A3s; multiway FD+GS flop

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      I played it badly. I thought that once I hit I'll stack him off and that was probably true (he seems to have had an over-pair) and I just called two streets.

Although there must be a better way of playing this sweet hand. Lead? Ch/r? What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($30.38)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($15.94)
      UTG+1 ($17.12)
      CO ($4.24)
      BTN ($10.99)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 3:spade:

UTG raises to $0.35, UTG+1 calls $0.35, fold, BTN calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.75) 9:spade: 4:spade: 5:club:

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $1.30, UTG+1 folds, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $1.30

TURN ($4.35) 9:spade: 4:spade: 5:club: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

RIVER ($10.85) 9:spade: 4:spade: 5:club: 8:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $11.04 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $10.13
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Comes really up to the opponent we are playing. Do we even expect him to fold his overpairs here or rather not? Or what kind of hand could he representing here? -> What kind of PFR range does he have? Practically Check/Raising is an idea if we expect him to sometimes even fold overpair here and of course we would have great equity against any range. But now again if we are against stronger hands then we don't do that great.

As played after the flop the Check/Call ain't the best since you ain't gonna get good implied odds even playing OOP. You rather have to give it up very likely. That's also the problem of course if we do Check/Call the flop.

Best regards.