Sick With Pokerstars Hyper Satellites

• fivesky55
      fivesky55
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Just write something that really frustrated me. Playing The Big 22 Hyper Satellite of around 13 games, but sucks out every of hands without going in. Buyin was 7.49, so 7.49 multiply by 13 means approximate USD 98. I can buy in almost 5 games at for the total. Yesterday playing 7 of those satellites, but suck out also. Today has played 6 games, but still none of 1 ended with the tickets. The most frustrated just now left 3 person and 1 more eliminated will get ticket and was holding AA hole card in the Big Blind, Small Blind holding K7 shoves me and I called, ended two 7 in the community card and make him full house to hit me out. Is this called downstream? Having 2 bad days on every tournament.... So sad now...
  • 8 replies
    • fivesky55
      fivesky55
      Bronze
      Again losing with AA in a tourney... I think I should stop my game and have a rest because I am totally tilted with this 2 days game. But I don't really think I am tilted and still can having my Agame, but my luck really don't allow me to play anymore...
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Well your down 13 bi on hyper turbos? thats nothing, its probably the form of poker with highest variance, if u were down over 100bi then it might be sometthing
    • NenadNacevic
      NenadNacevic
      Bronze
      1st: I have a hunch that your BRM is not right if your stressing about a few Buy Ins. I wouldn't play Hypers will less then 200 BI

2nd: I'm ~300 BI under EV for normal ones

Hope that helped.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      You play HYPER tournaments. Which means the blinds go FAST FAST up and any K high hand and A high hand looks good considering you have 5-6 BBs.

Also you probably know that any XY hand has some % percentage vs another XY hand. It is impossible to win every all in preflop since every XY hand HAS a % to win, sometimes the loses get to you more often then they should and you would want. It's part of poker, learn to deal with it.
    • fivesky55
      fivesky55
      Bronze
      Hi Nenad,
      Thanks for your info in the BRM... Actually I have a solid BRM to play that... What frustrated me is I just wanna satellites to THE BIG 22 with Hyper 7.49 6max with 2 qualifying... I have played for 2 days for 2 times event ticket, unfortunately a 13 bi can't get a ticket on it. With 13 bi on 7.49, I can almost buy for 5 days THE BIG 22 directly. So that is the subject make me sick. It just let me feel it is better for me just bi directly next time since it is really make me crazy with this kind of investment.
    • fivesky55
      fivesky55
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Regarding the second game of AA I have posted, it is only a Turbo KO tournament. I have my hole card with AA and get dominated again. I think counted as downswing because I even get dominated holding with KK and QQ with someone shove to me yesterday. So I just open my Funsion and watch my movie directly. Just wake up from my sleep after my 2 bad day, open Poker Stars lobby and joined a 18 max MT SNGs. SB Positions holding another QQ and raises 5bbs since just early 2nd lvl, OTF with rainbow Q37, make a 3/4 continuation bet, villain shoves me all in and no reason I fold so just called. Villain shows holding 33 and on my mind say, gosh, QQ sets vs 33 sets, and said to myself at least a great starting day for me after 2 bad day. OTT a 7 come in make either me or him a full house, but OTR came the 3 made him quads... Then so happily me losing again and type on the chat box VNH... Closed my poker stars lobby and open my Ebook, enjoyed my day reading Harrington on Hold'em is better than losing since I am walking a long long swings there.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Your running ridiculously underroled for hypers man, you should fix that and probably try some lessons in the ICM trainer to make sure your playing them profitably
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      If frustated and tilted. Take a brake. Do some exercise, play lower stakes or dont play @ all for some time. Just take little brake from poker.

And then return crush and print money:)