Suggest me ways to improve (begginer)

• Pordobolito
      Pordobolito
      Bronze
      Hi! I am playing poker for real money for about two months. Lost my 50$ at PartyPoker due to an awful BR managment and temper :f_cry: . I would like to know what would it be good to read-watch except the PS articles. A guy suggested me the 3 books of Dan Harrington and i have read the first.

I am interested mostly in SnG and some MTT around 1-2$. How much time to spend on studying-playing? I got much spear time. Your suggestions please.

• 3 replies
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Why you say "except PS articles"? The first thing i did when i started playing and learning cash, I printed all bronze and silver articles. That was like 400 A4 pages, one hell of the book, huh? I'd say that's the first, and even most useful and practical book for you as a beginner.

Good luck.
    • Pordobolito
      Pordobolito
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin: Thanks! I am going to do so too. I meant that i am actually going to read them, not underestimating them. Still any advice for playing/studying time would be nice or any other directions you can give me. Thanks :f_grin: !
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      my advice..learn basics like position, continuation bet, not to over value certain hands...

Then play lowest stakes sngs. I think that's 0.25 cents, 45 player on pokerstars. Google basic strategy for these such as playing tight early, loosen up as blinds become larger. then download sng wizard and begin studying ICM which is vital for sngs.

You'll find that if ur at least half decent and put the time and effort to learn you will win 0.25's very easily. Move up when u have around 40 buyins for 0.50c which is $20. If you are crushing the 0.25's then these will be just as easy. Once you have $50 you can begin experimenting with 9man, 18 man $1.50's, and continue 45 man $1 sngs. Play a few hundred of each which may take a month or so and decide which you are making the most money in.

When you know which one ur are best suited to start looking into deeper strategy for example 9 man sngs has a lot of advanced play involved which will take a lot of practice to get good at. Once you comfortable and beating the $1.50's then move up as your bankroll allows following bankroll management rules.

Added advice would be to restrict yourself from higher buyin sngs as well as cash games..this is a life saver and will prevent you from tilt-entering higher limits. The key to poker is to find what you are good at and work to make your skill level as high as possible to reduce the luck involved