poker tracker database

• aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      i just reinstalled windows and reinstalled my poker tracker too. is there anyway i can get back my old data base ? i saved the old poker tracker folder on my computer but i dont know if or how i can find the postgresql database and use it in the new one . would be very helpfull if you can give me some hints
  • 5 replies
    • h3r3tik
      h3r3tik
      Bronze
      Unfortunatly if you have used postgres for storing you hand histories, the database file wasn't located on the same folder as PokerTracker. If you saved your Postgres folder as well, than you might have some chances to recover the data.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      coool the postgres folder was saved default on c: ?
    • h3r3tik
      h3r3tik
      Bronze
      If you haven't changed the default install folder your databases should bee @C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\X.XX( postgres sql version number)\data\base. If you still have the folders from there you should be in good shape. I haven't restored any Postgres SQL databases from files but I'm confiden there has to be a way of setting up Postgres to recognize the db again.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      The program "pgAdmin III" might be helpful. Try running it and having a "careful look" with it. You can see which dB's it recognizes etc.
    • h3r3tik
      h3r3tik
      Bronze
      A soultion you can try is:
      1 backup your existing postgres files in a different location
      2 install postgres
      2.a. make sure the postgres service is not running
      3 replace data folder from the backup folder to the newly installed postgres location
      3.a restart postgres

Hopefully that way you'll conserver your existing databases without any pain of reconfiguring everything from scratches.