Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.97
      BU:
      $3.59

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) Q:spade: , 9:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BU calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, BU calls $0.35.

River: ($1.17) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, BU raises to $0.70, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.87

should i just check/fold river?
  • 2 replies
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      I think you should go for a check/call on the river because opponent is aggro fish and you will often see him fire with air there in my opinion.

C/c depends on his bet sizing i would still fold to a pot size bet, but with a such small block bet you are inviting him to bluff you and he will do it most of the time if he has no showdown value. He could have hit but 100% vpip tells me he could have alot of busted str8 draws or double floats whatever.

As played i think i would call his raise for a cheap read
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think matovicmilos provided a good answer there. A check/call line on the river would be optimal as that allows him to bluff a load of his busted draws or complete air hands. However, as played I think we can call his raise there. We need to call $0.35 into a $1.87 pot, so we don't need to be good very often at all to breakeven by calling this raise. And since we think he can bluff with air or busted draws due to your very small river bet, I think a call here is fine. Even if it's just so we can get some reads on him for the rest of the session :)