fusionpk - the blog

• fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Heyyy, starting a new blog because I am starting a new poker adventure + about the same time last yr I stared my first blog.

I left my HU stable and now im going it alone, but im starting again. I spent the money I made in the first month on my holiday, and the last 2 months I didn't profit, I decided to leave for many reasons.

Anyhow, since I spent my money I have gotta grind my roll up some way.
      I have decided to use a BRM strategy based loosely on Kelly Critereon. It is v similar to the one Girah talked about and is very aggressive, allowing me to move up v fast. Which is what I want.

Started at 5NL the other day, with like $80 BR, up to $100 and now shooting 10NL. (Already had to move back down and back up again).

My goals last year were to reach 10NL by xmas and get into TTT, I achieved the first part, then grinded a good profit into the new year before moving into my HU stab. I never reapplied to TTT for a few reasons. This year in my HU stab I have played all the way up to £100/e tabs, which was like $150NL in a way, only bumhunting, but it would be sweet to get back to these lims.

My goal has to be to start with, reach 50NL, start slightly more conservative BRM (will want to get exp + learn some at this point) since I will be getting back into the swing of SH again. and hopefully by the end of the year be a 100NL reg (if not, atleast taking regular shots), and by putting some money aside from the more conservative BRM approach, be able to buy coaching as I hit 100NL, hopefully from TT, but that may/may not be the case.

Hopefully gonna be an adventure. Graphs to come shortly + pics threadsavers bla bla.

Quick vid: TLN posted this a while back but I think it's sick and watch it v often to get me motivated:

P.S. If anyone can swap me ~$420 stars for my $420 on party, would be much appeciated.
  • 250 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good luck! Looking forward to this fusionpk :)
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Terrible day yday, need to pay more attention to #BI lost so i move down in time. Played not so good but this is fine, think ill manage to be at 25nl very soon, this strategy feels to me like it will work v well

Back to 5NL will report after my session.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Played a little today, snap lost 3BI or so, fkin epic coolers all over the place, then crushed like a mad man possessed to end up like so

Back up to 10nl SH next session, hopefully this time shots will go well and ill be able to make it up to 25 soonish.

Feel like im back on top of my SH game now, feel like im ready for crushing 50nl or so and feel like it really won't be long, esp when i stop working the 50hr/wks that im currently working and make more time for crushing.

Watched some old TT vids recently, have made me v confident in my game and I have learnt alot, his old vids are definitely the best imo, the range analysis + detail into the optimal lines is v interesting. Defo recommend his $1k NL Session review, 400NL 2part vid & his first 100NL vid, all pretty much SH vids and all v v good.

My hot shot of the day.. (since im so into Holby City atm :f_love: )

Need to put in more vol so I can move up to more challenging limits pronto.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Grr 1BI down at 10NL today, think im playing too loose pf im not sure, getting into some tough spots, need to rethink my pf ranges i think, also my river call efficiency is tragic atm, need to start thinking about river spots a bit more, ppl dont vbet as thin////bluff anywhere near as much as i give them credit for.

34/30 style isn't working, gonna try get down to like 20/18 22/18 somewhere round there is bang on I think.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Took my own advice, although admittedly still a little loose pre, but getting much better, opened 10 tabs too since i was feeling super confident, had a really great session, need to start thinking about other improvements I can make, since 25NL is coming fast and furious. 8BI to go till 25NL shots, also have $25 bonus soon which is 2.5BI, so should be there v soon, my game is definitely starting to look better, can still improve tho and will defo cut # tabs + increase game selection when I hit 25NL, coz plan is to crush and move up to 50 :f_cool:

Session after game review:

Basically think it's just taking a few hands to get back into SH.

TS: (Because I met this girl on holiday :f_love: she's out of coronation street)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hot girl, hot graph.. nice combination... Keep it up! :f_biggrin:
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Short session had no time to play today, +1.5BI

6BI till 25NL, won't be long..

ill post a hand:

Facepalm seemed kinda nitty, isolating most likely a reasonable range, but not super wide not super tight, I can definitely 3b here but I thought he wasn't on the level that he thought I could be 'bluff' 3b'ing his iso, and although he doesn't realise it, im never bluffing because of short fish.

If I call I keep in all his range, have BTN & also keep fish in pot so I decided calling would be fine.

PtiZZ was playing solid solid tag pre but post seemed passive, 0.3agg.

Thoughts please, thanks.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG nickoj ($3.42)
      UTG+1 FireflyFrog ($14.37)
      CO FacepalmFox ($11.73)
      BTN ownagesbot ($13.36)
      SB skip01210 ($11.72)
      BB PtiZZ ($14.75)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) ownagesbot is BTN A:club: K:heart:
      nickoj calls $0.10, 1 fold, FacepalmFox raises to $0.40, ownagesbot calls $0.40, 1 fold, PtiZZ calls $0.30, nickoj calls $0.30

Flop: 9:heart: 6:heart: K:spade: ($1.65, 4 players)
      PtiZZ checks, nickoj checks, FacepalmFox bets $0.80, ownagesbot calls $0.80, PtiZZ calls $0.80, nickoj calls $0.80

Turn: 5:diamond: ($4.85, 4 players)
      PtiZZ checks, nickoj checks, FacepalmFox checks, ownagesbot bets $2, PtiZZ raises to $6, nickoj folds, FacepalmFox folds, ownagesbot folds

Final Pot: $12.85

PtiZZ wins $12.42 (net +$5.22)

FacepalmFox lost $1.20
      ownagesbot lost $3.20
      nickoj lost $1.20

My only quarrel with this hand is that he might read my turn bet sizing as weak, but idk, hes still passive at the end of the day..
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Silver
      why dont you raise flop? it´s multiway. you are just giving everyone odds to call with weird draws.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      its an option but i kinda over rep my hand and get myself into some v tough spots on turns/rivs i think
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      hey man, just saw u got a new blog :f_cool:
      so how are u doing? still at NL10 or NL25?
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      not played since last night, so still at 10nl, need to ship ~6BI or so, should really be at 25 or even 50 now really, but just not had the time to play, 10nl seems pretty easy/straightforward though so shouldn't be long.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      u will make it fast :)
      btw ur post rly helped my game :)
      if u want u can go check my graph later when i post it in blog :P
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      +1.5BI EV abt 3BI so solid day, seem to be able to keep putting in the winning sessions, some totally moronic reg stacked off 200bbs with KK in 4b pot on like Q4678 or some shit, totally terrible by him.

4-5BI away from 25nl now,

will do better update tomorrow and also post a graph once i hit 25nl.

caio
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Got day off work because I hurt my back.

Gonna grind all day.

First session +1BI, was up 2BI bt someone spiked a riv on me.

4BI till 25NL. Would be nice to be able to shoot 25NL tonight.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      go go go u can do it :s_cool:
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Made another 1.5BI

heres todays graph so far:

Will play more later..

Disappointed in how I played today, played many spots v badly, took a while to get properly focused and stop doing donkey shit.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      sigh 25nl shot sucked so moved back to 10nl, then ran $60 (6BI) under EV accordingly + got set over set and overpair vs set in 3b pot etc. so now back down to 5nl... so sick

in reality though, it's just a bad run and im pretty sure i can expect to be moving up and down 2 limits v frequently, just sucks that it brings me ~40BI under for the last 2 months...........................
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      hey fusion, long time no see. hope things go better. gl with your rush back up the stakes!

I recommend playing 22/20 vs Fish and 24/22 vs regs at 10NL and 25NL SH.

reduces ur variance quite a bit, and also won't hurt your red line much at all imo.

give it a try.

Ive made a few adjustments for loose passive tables that seems to be very profitable:

utg: if blinds are loose, add suited broadways for top pair value and nice flop playability. eg K8s, Q9s , and any suited ace etc. obv don't do it when you have loose 3bettors.

utg: if blinds and btn are loose fold 22-44. postflop playability problems.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by qnb07
      why dont you raise flop? it´s multiway. you are just giving everyone odds to call with weird draws.
      I thought it said "why don't you raise preflop?" and thought ye thats what I wonder too, then it didnt make sense that u "get into tricky spots on turn and river" since... how could you know y0u would? 3b preflop, we do not wanna go into a multiway with AK on the button, we're giving the blinds a really awesome price to tag along.

Anyway, 3b preflop... turn = baluga theorem = pair no good.