[NL2-NL10] Villain just callin/slowplaying?

• ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      Poker Room skin
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with K K
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.1 (pot was $0.15), Hero raises to $0.5, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.5 (pot was $0.75), Button folds, SB calls all-in $0.2, 2 folds.

Flop: 7 3 6 ($1.45, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $0.95, Sidepot 1: $0.5)
      Hero bets $1.45, CO calls $1.45 (pot was $2.9).

Turn: 2 ($4.35, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $0.95, Sidepot 1: $3.4)
      Hero bets $4.2, CO calls $4.2 (pot was $8.55).

River: 3 ($12.75, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $0.95, Sidepot 1: $11.8)
      Hero ???

Villain is probably very strong or calling for his flush draw, firstly I gave him on draw, but more I was thinking more I got a feeling he's holding made hand, like 33,66,77...I somehow still thought my KK is the best hand.
      What do you do in such situations with this kind of opponent who just called quiet big bets? Did I play it correct?
      thanks for comments :)
  • 2 replies
    • Pygmalion
      Pygmalion
      Bronze
      i think your preflop and flop play is correct. Villain is playin this hand very passively! By the river I think u are pot committed. You have one of 2 options: 1. Push all in because you are pot committed and your chips are going into the pot anyway. 2. Check/Call the river, I prefer this play because if villain is indeed chasing a flush which seems likely, a check could induce a bluff at the pot. Whereas betting out would get him to fold his missed hand. Based on his play, you really should have him beat. If he hit a set on the flop if should be reraising with an eye to move all in.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Well played. On the river shove.

Villain may have a FD, set or an overpair. I don't think too many players will bet their busted draw. Against a set, you will definitely go broke - if you bet or c/c. An overpair will often check behind, but call if we shove. Hence, we don't want to payoff sets and let overpairs see the SD for free. If you have a read that he shoves his busted draw always, c/c is fine, but in general I think shoving is better.