Did i do wrong here? Mtt, Ipad2 1st price

• Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Silver
      i was in 67 position(84 left or something) with a stack of 78000 , blinds were 4000-8000, 800 ante. (pot over 20000 before any action)

i was in mp2 with JJ, i went all in with intent to steal blinds.
      BB calls with QJ and hits Q.
      BB wins, i lose all.

Did i do wrong here or was i just unlucky?

Edit: I think i posted this wrong, can anyone move this to mtt discussion?
  • 8 replies
    • MrOnas
      MrOnas
      Bronze
      standard. just unlucky
    • Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Silver
      Originally posted by MrOnas
      standard. just unlucky

I actually hoped i did wrong here,, because i played for 4 hours winning only
      1,80$....
      But i guess its part of poker life, i did learn alot along the way though...
    • AnitaBajuka
      AnitaBajuka
      Bronze
      try to catch downswing ( but with +ev ) in sng's before playing some serious for you mtt. Thats the trick. GL

God of maths
    • Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Silver
      Originally posted by AnitaBajuka
      try to catch downswing ( but with +ev ) in sng's before playing some serious for you mtt. Thats the trick. GL

God of maths
      this is the first day of my third week playing...
      I guess ive been on a downswing since i started, but i dont think i know what
      a downswing is yet.

the math of poker is what interests me the most (and money), because i dont think most people understand just how advanced conditional probability is. ( so we have an edge?)

I'm playing BSS, SnG and MTT, i feel this may be to much to learn at once, but
      i wont be sure untill i learn by doing. ( or until a pro tells me im an idiot)
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Your play was fine, of course. JJ should not be the weakest hand you push. You pushed a top 3% hand. When you get your money in as a 2:1 favorite, sometimes you are going to lose. This doesn't mean there is anything safer to do. You are simply going to bust out of a lot of tournaments.

I guess ive been on a downswing since i started, but i dont think i know what a downswing is yet.
      Right, most people don't know what a downswing looks like. It's not a downward trend or a graph which looks like someone climbed a mountain and then fell off the other side. The following graph shows a real downswing from a professional SNG player who grinds $16 SNGs:

Cards have no memory. They don't owe you anything. Just make the right decision in each situation, and you will reach the long run eventually, where poker looks like a game of chess for $10k with a coin flip for $1k. At that point you can be quite unlucky, and yet still be far ahead.
    • Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Silver
      It was the first hand i pushed, it was hard for me to take
      big risks after playing for 4 hours.

I did steal blinds more than anyone on the table though, so im happy
      about that.
      But I think its time to go over the articles again.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      If you're unsure about pushing JJ with 10bb and ante i don't understand how u could be amongst the most blindstealing at the table :)
    • Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Silver
      Originally posted by ihufa
      If you're unsure about pushing JJ with 10bb and ante i don't understand how u could be amongst the most blindstealing at the table :)
      because im new,, i guess

Didn't take much to be the most blindstealing, almost nobody were stealing