Verre's WAMMO DOOMSWITCH (Now playing Fail limits)

• Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Verres Super Turbo Heads Up Sit & Go Extravaganza

Introduction
      Hello all. My names Curtis and I'm from Vancouver, Canada. Some of you have seen me around before but I have never really put a lot of effort into posting in the forums. The reason I'm creating this blog is for a few reasons. Firstly I've been following blogs on this site for years. Mostly I've followed the likes of TT,mbml,Yoghi,ihufa, Gerv's, and a few others I cant remember off the top of my head. Over the years I've recieved poker insight mostly in the area of mindset and drive from these blogs. This has been vastly important in my ability to actually take poker serious and gave me the drive to want to learn and play top notch at all times. I'm hoping this blog will help me motivate myself and possibly others as well.

The second reason is that there is hardly any information on STHUSnGs and hardly any blogs on this site. In fact I didn't even think about playing them until I saw some hands posted in the SnG hand evaluation boards. I was interested as up until this very point I have played THUSnGs. Over the last few months I turned $400 into $1600. Unfortunately over the last week or so I have played bad, ran bad, and overall became kind of sick of players sitting around in the slower paced games. Over the last week the bankroll has dropped from $1600 to $1200. I was playing $30s so its only about 13 BI's, but overall its rather hard to deal with when your not enjoying yourself.

The Plan
      The plan is to switch over to super turbos right away, and not make a slow transition. I will of course drop down to $15 dollar games as I believe 40 BI's is probubly much too low for super turbos.

Now as for studying. Finding good information on superturbos is hard. Obviously the push/fold charts are much more important and they play very much like your deep in a regular sng right from the start. I hope that the lack of specific information will help generate some indepth strategy chat within this blog or within the hand evaluations.

I will be playing my games at Pokerstars. I will do this not just because I like thier structure, but because I trust them with my money. Any cashout I've ever made was done timely and without issue. They have the best software. They also have a reward system I'm very partial too.

The Goals

Short Term Goals
      :diamond:D o not make specific profit goals
      :spade:P ost 20 hand histories a month
      :heart:P ost a weekly update (With graphs and bankroll to keep people interested)

Long Term Goals
      :club: Average 3000 Games a Month
      :diamond: Have 75BIs for $30 games at the end of October
      :spade: Reread all the SnG Strategy posts and the mindset posts

Starting Bankroll
      $1200.00
  • 7 replies
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      August 15/First Session

Played my first session. I only 1 table atm since I need to adjust to the new game. I may stay at only 1 table though for the forseable future. I feel good at one table. At two tables I feel like I never have a stone cold read on any players.

The session was short, only an hour and a half. I played 37 games. I feel I played well, but I felt my opponents are either horrible or just playing bad. I also tilted one guy, he ended up spewing me a buy in.

Heres how the first session went:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Starting Bankroll
      $1351.51
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      August 16-17

Hi all,

So I was planning on doing weekly and monthly updates, but the two days I've had have been crazy. I know there probubly wont be many followers until i get some solid stats up but in for the sake of releasing all information about my game I need to post the bad ones too :P

So as you can see it started out ........ bad? I was playing quite good actually. These games test your patience like not many other forms of poker. I had many stretches where i got 3 outtered 5-6 matches in a row by the same villain.

About 60 games in I had a subconsious decision to make, will I tilt like I would have in the past? Or will I continue to keep playing solid and know that things will turn around. Well thankfully I was mature enough to not tilt because over two days and 10.5 hours I started to win a lot of those times I got it in good.

Its a good feeling. In the past I've had tilt issues. I believe one of the reasons I am having much more success not tilting is the game format. I went in EXPECTING to get sucked out frequently. I also know in this format if you keep playing good you'll make it back faster than you can in slower moving sngs or ring games. All these things helped me control myself.

Anyways, I wanna thank those of you who are actually reading this. If you have any requests or input please feel free to post away. Any posts will help motivate me to upkeep this blog properly.

August 16-17
      $1454.13
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      Hey Verre, nice run so far.
      Although i am not sure this is a game to play for a longer time, i am really interested in those as well, since as you pointed out there is hardly any strategy out there and it's still small stakes and people are bad. So all this factors combined makes this unexplored teritory pretty interesting. I will follow your progress and maybe i will try them out too sometime soon. Good luck.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Thankyou for the post Eminescu,

There definately is a skill factor in these sngs. It may not be as big as other sngs but there is still an edge to be had. The nice thing is that you can push your smaller edge ~5x faster than turbo sngs, and about ~9x paster than regular sngs.

The great thing is if you have a ~4% edge in a turbo sng, and only a ~1% edge in a super turbo your actual expected hourly dollar earning will be higher at super turbos.

I was winning turbos at 3.5ish percent. I am winning these at roughly the same rate. But my hourly return is much better.

On another note. I decided I'd relax last night and play a $5 PLO H/L tourney. I will admit this isn't my best game, but I am not a complete donkey either. I ended up making the FT and coming in 4th, although I should have won. I took some serious beats to split pots and lose pots completely when we where 6 handed after I had a massive chiplead. That was only worth $60 dollars though, but still fun.

Anyways thats all for now. Take Care
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      If you wanna talk more about this leave me your skype or smth. :)
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver

Well hasn't this experiment been fun. What a waste of 4 days.

Its amazing how much I love poker. I love the compotition, I love the gamble, I love the challenge. I love fast poker like this. Unfortunately none of these things like ME.

Blah blah blah, its a small sample size Verre. 30 BIs under ev after 515 games? I mean come on. And today was the nail in the coffin. I ran a solid 15 games under ev just in todays 130 games.

So why did this happen? Well anytime I start taking something seriously, in real life or in poker, I usually end up getting boned. I have the best intentions, great outlook (In fact I'm a very possitive person, I still think I can destroy these games), and am very mild mannered. Unfortunately I'm just unlucky.

So where do I go from here? Well I can go back to regular sngs, but they bore me. Tournaments have a big draw do to the instant gratification of a big score. Unfortunately I usually dont have alot of big time slots to dump into tournaments.

Cash games might be ideal. I dont know if I have improved my self control enough for them, as that is the main reason I left them before. My tilt has been well under control for a while now, but cashgames allow you so many more spots to spew more than sng buyins (which was why I started sngs in the first place).

Another option is 6 max super turbos. This might be a good option, but then again I run into the same problem I just did I think. I'm not lucky enough to play a game that has a bigger luck factor than most.

The tossup is probubly between 6 max NLHM or 6 max FLHM. Anyways, I'll check this blog a bit more to see if anyone came in to have a solid laugh. But for all intents and purpose this blog is dead for poker atm.
    • clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      Hey, Verre! You have really good blog here and I just wanted to say - continue to play these games! 15BI under ev is completely standart, especially in super turbos. But if you can't cope with the variance well, than maybe you should consider some other variants of the game. You could check BOBOsvk blog he plays super turbos and you can see that variance is just brutal to him, no where near a little 15 BI difference.
      Maybe this post sounded offending, but I didn't mean it that way. Just keep playing the game you really like and things will go your way sooner or later :) Stay positive!