Hilarious junk mail

• dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      never usually open junk mail but i did and this made me LOL..

what you guys think, is it legit? :s_biggrin:

''From Mr Joan Martin,

Compliments of the season.

My name is Joan Martin I am the regional manager of Standard chartered bank of Ghana Takoradi branch in the western region of Ghana . I got your information when I was searching for an oversea partner among other names. I write you this proposal in good faith, I am 48 years old married with four lovely kids. I am a devoted Christian and a man of peace.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit you and me, as the regional manager of the Standard chartered bank it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each business year. On the course of the last year 2010 business report,I discovered that my branch in which I am the manager made four million five hundred and twenty thousand united state dollars ($4.520m)usd which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of. I have placed this funds on what we call escrow call account with no beneficiary.As an officer of this bank I cannot be directly connected to this money,so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank account and get 30% of the total funds as commission.

There are practically no risks involved, it will be a bank-to-bank transfer, and all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of these funds who made the deposit with my branch so that my head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account.If you accept to work with me I will appreciate it very much Email me with the above email address so that we can go over the details and I will give you my full information`s.Remember there is no risk involved I promise.

Please kindly fill the below and get back to me immediately for better understanding.

YOUR FULL NAME.......................
      YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS........
      YOUR TEL/MOBILE NUMBER.....
      YOUR DIRECT EMAIL.........................
      YOUR OCCUPATION................
      AGE........................... ..................
      NATIONALITY...................

Best regards,
      Mr Joan Martin,
  • 27 replies
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      LOL

wonder if that works
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      When I get those emails it always reminds me of

• p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      I was a bit sceptical until I saw ''$4.520m''
      It's legit, no one would go through the trouble of making up a number that only has one zero in it.

EDIT: LOL... I am stupid
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      When I get those emails it always reminds me of

LOL Good one! :s_biggrin:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Obvious scam....here are a few reasons why.

Originally posted by scammer
      I got your information when I was searching for an oversea partner among other names.
      He later asks for your details so he obviously didn't actually get your information from anywhere.

I am a devoted Christian and a man of peace.
      Notice the source of these funds is extra money he isn't declaring. One important feature of a "devoted christian" is honesty. Read the account of Ananias and Sapphira for confirmation. He is either not so "devoted" or he is outright lying.

In fact, him telling you that he is a christian along with other irrelevant information such as.....
      I am 48 years old married with four lovely kids.
      ......is a typical ploy these type of scammers use in an attempt to build trust/rapport.

He goes on to say twice that there are no risks involved. Any time a combination of large amount of money and dishonesty are involved there is nearly always risk.

This is probably a standard money laundering scam, much of the time you may even receive funds only to have it confiscated at a later date. If you make the mistake of reimbursing the sender from a different pool of funds you could end up hugely out of pocket.
      The sum of $4.5M does seem large however, so it's possible this guy is just fishing for contact info so he can add you to various advertising lists.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by w34z3l

I got your information when I was searching for an oversea partner among other names.
      He later asks for your details so he obviously didn't actually get your information from anywhere.

Notice the source of these funds is extra money he isn't declaring. One important feature of a "devoted christian" is honesty. Read the account of Ananias and Sapphira for confirmation. He is either not so "devoted" or he is outright lying.

In fact, him telling you that he is a christian along with other irrelevant information such as.....
      ......is a typical ploy these type of scammers use in an attempt to build trust/rapport.

He goes on to say twice that there are no risks involved. Any time a combination of large amount of money and dishonesty are involved there is nearly always risk.

This is probably a standard money laundering scam, much of the time you may even receive funds only to have it confiscated at a later date. If you make the mistake of reimbursing the sender from a different pool of funds you could end up hugely out of pocket.
      The sum of $4.5M does seem large however, so it's possible this guy is just fishing for contact info so he can add you to various advertising lists.
      So are we absolutely certain this isn't legit?? I know i talk for a lot of people when i say we still aren't sure
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by ihufa
      So are we absolutely certain this isn't legit?? I know i talk for a lot of people when i say we still aren't sure
      Shrug, seems to me he could do a lot better than ask a random unknown to help transfer his large amount of money for him.

Also as I pointed out there are at least 3 hidden lies in this email.

I am certain of nothing; just saying that this has all the signs of a typical scam, and that if it arrived in my inbox I would definitely not trust it.
    • PokerAddict36
      PokerAddict36
      Bronze
      When they promise to send the funds they will tell you they need like $ 5.000,- to cover the costs of the transfer.

Later they will ask for more, its called the Nigeria Scam obv. They have hilarious stories, but people are so greedy, 0.1% allways falls for it.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by PokerAddict36
      When they promise to send the funds they will tell you they need like $ 5.000,- to cover the costs of the transfer.

Later they will ask for more, its called the Nigeria Scam obv. They have hilarious stories, but people are so greedy, 0.1% allways falls for it.
      +1

Hadn't heard of this particular scam, but I'm 99% sure this is what it is.
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Originally posted by w34z3l

:coolface: :coolface: :coolface: :coolface: :coolface:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Probably Ihufa is just trolling me; after all it is such an obvious scam. I just don't like to see people fall for them even if it is a result of their own greed.

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/advancefee/nigeria.asp
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      i cant believe you didnt give us the email address. my bankroll could use that money. selfish pri^ck
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      Except I didn't find it hilarious :rolleyes:
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Scam. Don't click on links from such e-mails since 99% are infected links and you won't even notice when your PC gets compromised.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      I know one person which send something back like :

"I have been to bank to send 5000$ to you, but one person from bank said that I will need photo vertification of person I send money too" and they did send photo of Tobey Maguire... The Spider-Man, which was really interesting too, that the photo was directly from movie.
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerAddict36
      Saw it on Discovery once.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dogma18

There are practically no risks involved, it will be a bank-to-bank transfer
      You see, no risk involved. That is +EV

Please kindly fill the below and get back to me immediately for better understanding.

VPIP....................
      PFR...................
      PS USERNAME AND PASS.......................

FHP

Best regards,
      Mr Joan Martin,
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dogma18

There are practically no risks involved, it will be a bank-to-bank transfer
      You see, no risk involved. That is +EV

VPIP....................
      PFR...................
      PS USERNAME AND PASS.......................

FHP

Best regards,
      Mr Joan Martin,
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze