This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: KK call or push

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05/$0.10 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

SB ($11.00) (Hero)
      CO ($14.96) 40 / 22 / 2.2 / 12 on 35 hands

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      1 folds, CO raises to 0.3, 1 folds, Hero raises to 0.9, 1 folds, CO calls $0.65,

Flop: 6:club: , 4:heart: , 2:diamond: ( $2 )
      Hero bets $1.00, CO raises to 3.0, Hero raises All-In $10.05, 1 folds,

Final Pot: $14.65

I put him on 77-QQ so i pushed on the flop.
      But now i think if i had been quite sure about his hand - which i was -, and decided to get my money in, then i should have just called his raise and manage to get him call my whole stack on the turn and river, because against that hands i didn't have to protect.
      What do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I think you made the right play,

I would of put him on a 77 to QQ as well, but i could also see him with AJ or AQ and trying to push you off of a C bet. Therefore I think that you did the right thing to push all in, since if an Ace was to come down on the turn (or hits a set although unlikely) you would be in trouble.

Was he a tight or loose player? Do you have any stats?

Personally I dont like to trap unless I have a very strong hand and i would not consider that a good trapping hand. I would need a nut flush or nut str8, at the very least a set. As well I would need to be sure that the player is a very aggressive player in order to get some value out of the hand.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      nice hand.
      a call isn't a good solution because if you're ahead your hand isn't that strong and there are a lot of card you don't want to see, and if you're behind a call if of course really bad because you won't get the information that you're actually behind
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Thanks for the comments!

I wrote villain's stats next to his stack size.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      nh. Against very aggressive players, call and c/rai turn is also ok, but at the lower limits is good to bet/raise.