[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: KK call or push

• kesgab
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05/$0.10 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

SB ($11.00) (Hero)
      CO ($14.96) 40 / 22 / 2.2 / 12 on 35 hands

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      1 folds, CO raises to 0.3, 1 folds, Hero raises to 0.9, 1 folds, CO calls $0.65,

Flop: 6:club: , 4:heart: , 2:diamond: ( $2 )
      Hero bets $1.00, CO raises to 3.0, Hero raises All-In $10.05, 1 folds,

Final Pot: $14.65

I put him on 77-QQ so i pushed on the flop.
      But now i think if i had been quite sure about his hand - which i was -, and decided to get my money in, then i should have just called his raise and manage to get him call my whole stack on the turn and river, because against that hands i didn't have to protect.
      What do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • phpps
      I think you made the right play,

I would of put him on a 77 to QQ as well, but i could also see him with AJ or AQ and trying to push you off of a C bet. Therefore I think that you did the right thing to push all in, since if an Ace was to come down on the turn (or hits a set although unlikely) you would be in trouble.

Was he a tight or loose player? Do you have any stats?

Personally I dont like to trap unless I have a very strong hand and i would not consider that a good trapping hand. I would need a nut flush or nut str8, at the very least a set. As well I would need to be sure that the player is a very aggressive player in order to get some value out of the hand.
    • DoigteurFou
      nice hand.
      a call isn't a good solution because if you're ahead your hand isn't that strong and there are a lot of card you don't want to see, and if you're behind a call if of course really bad because you won't get the information that you're actually behind
    • kesgab
      Thanks for the comments!

I wrote villain's stats next to his stack size.
    • Thorsten77
      nh. Against very aggressive players, call and c/rai turn is also ok, but at the lower limits is good to bet/raise.