Hero raises to $0.90, UTG+1 calls $0.90, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($2.20) J:heart: 6:spade: 4:club:

Hero bets $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.50

TURN ($5.20) J:heart: 6:spade: 4:club: 6:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $5.20, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $4.95

PRE: Stand

F: easy c-bet
      T: and i check to pot control and get value from floats but when he pot bet i can't calls boescue river gets 2:1 pot odds so i fold.
  • 5 replies
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      You have to ask yourself why is he betting so much?

Would he bet pot with fh there, i doubt it because there is no need to protect.

Would he bet pot with AJ or KJ? Again i doubt it after you have shown weakness he would go for a smaller value bet (depending on the player of course ).

Would he bet pot with an overpair that he slowplayed? Possible i have seen fishes make that play sometime but that doesnt happen very often.

I think most likely he has air there as 66 is unlikely and as i said he would try to keep you in pot if he had 44. He could also have middle pair like 77,88,99 turned to a bluff, so i would most probably call and let him own himself on river as well with a c/c .
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      the problem is i don't know antyhink him and this is micro so he can be idiot who bet no matter he has or bet pot becosue he want get value etc.

so becosue this is UTG vs MP so he can have slowyplay AA-QQ, so i just c/f like i think c/f is ok.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

He would never-ever bet there with FH or even trips that high. So most likely it's a bluff. And those spots when you are OOP you can't really go for pot control. :) If you have position then you can consider going for it. If you are going in those spots for Check/Call then you are turning your hand into bluff-catcher.

Best regards.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      So you prefer bet turn???

i check and my think was this
      if he has middle pp he often chb turn if he has weak Jx he chb and if he has big hand or bluff he bet 1/2-3/4 to valuebetting but when he bet pot i look staksize my hand so if i call i must call river becosue i get price better then 2:1 i don't know well him so i don't know c/c is EV+ but pretty sure c/f is EV=0.

and i don't like bettting here boecsue what hand worse my call ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by deivid2
      So you prefer bet turn???

i check and my think was this
      if he has middle pp he often chb turn if he has weak Jx he chb and if he has big hand or bluff he bet 1/2-3/4 to valuebetting but when he bet pot i look staksize my hand so if i call i must call river becosue i get price better then 2:1 i don't know well him so i don't know c/c is EV+ but pretty sure c/f is EV=0.

and i don't like bettting here boecsue what hand worse my call ?
      Wouldn't say that I like betting that much since it's true that not many will call us. But still against that kind of line I'd really be inclined to Call him down. Since would he like ever bet this way with TP or made strong hand? Rarely doubt that.