This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AA, Big mistake

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      Hello!

I decided for a call on the flop because there weren't any draws and plan to call or raise the turn. Should I raise/go broke this flop against such a player? I probably had to fold the turn to such a big bet. The river I certainly had to fold..

BB: 49/35/33/1,5/80 (VPIP/PFR/DB/AF/H)

$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($4.86)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($4.40)
      CO ($6.23)
      BTN ($6.61)
      SB ($6.74)
      BB ($5.30)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 A:spade: A:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.16, 3 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: K:club: 2:spade: 9:club: ($0.34, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34

Turn: 7:diamond: ($1.02, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02

River: 6:spade: ($3.06, 2 players)
      BB bets $3.06, Hero goes all-in $2.88

Final Pot: $9
      BB shows
      7:spade: K:diamond:
      Hero shows
      A:spade: A:club:

BB wins $8.42 (net +$3.80)

Hero lost $4.40
  • 2 replies
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      Hi Alleen, i dont agree that there arent any draws on flop, he can have flush draw and some gutshots or a combo of those, so i think you should raise and get it in on flop to avoid difficult decisions later.

As played i think call on the river is good vs such player, and im positive that aggro fishes often own themselves by 3barreling their draws which didnt hit
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Whilst matovicmilos is right that there are a few draws on the flop, I do think calling here is fine as a lot of fish donk bet on random flops with total air, so raising him would fold out these bluffs. On the turn I still don't think it's a fold, in fact this is the point where I would shove it in. You're being a bit results orientated with you thinking you should fold the turn to the bet, but think about it, whilst he managed to turn his 2 pair in this hand, he'd most likely still bet with Kx so against his range I think we're ahead :)