databases

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey, i just cashed out leaving $7 in my account and i thought i would try and see what i could turn it into. i created a new database on the elephant so that no previous HH would be involved and it would be like i was starting from scratch with that $7. i don't want to lose all of my previous HH; i just want to be able to switch between databases depending on where i play, since my bankroll will mainly be on partypoker but i will also be trying to build a separate roll on stars. basically, when i created a new database it ends up importing all of the previous hands as well and i don't want it to. is there any way around this? i ended up creating a new folder underneith the normal hand history folder specifically for this and rerouted the path that pokerstars uses to save hand histories. i linked this up to the elephant but it still imports all previous hand histories, even from full tilt and william hill which i don't use. need a little help... thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey DrDunne,

everything was imported into the new database because you did not deactivate the automatic import folderes beforehand.

To circumvent this completly, create a new database but move your handhistory (originals) to different folders which are not configured to be automatically imported.

Create a backup folder for your handhistories and move everything there to start from scratch.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      oops. thanks :)