[NL2-NL10] Right to call flop shove?

• trickybob
      Pre flop Villain was playing 29/21 and 3bet of 9. Post flop he was 1.9 over 330 hands.
      I was 25/20, 3bet of 4.5 and 2.8 post flop.
      He'd 3bet me four times previously and I'd folded each time.
      We were close to 150bb deep.
      I thought at the time it was a pretty easy call, but not so sure now.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      BB ($3.98)
      UTG ($9.55)
      Hero ($20.39)
      CO ($15.12)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $2.60, CO calls $1.60

FLOP ($5.30) 8:club: T:diamond: J:club:

Hero bets $3.50, CO raises to $12.52 (AI), Hero calls $9.02

TURN ($30.34) 8:club: T:diamond: J:club: K:diamond:

RIVER ($30.34) 8:club: T:diamond: J:club: K:diamond: 6:club:

Hero shows Q:club: Q:heart:
      (Pre 70%, Flop 67.3%, Turn 3.4%)

CO shows A:spade: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 32.7%, Turn 96.6%)

CO wins $28.83
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello trickybob,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: For the given odds of course we could consider 4betting. But does it make sense? I mean he is most likely going to continue only with better hands. If he is going to 5bet then I rarely doubt that he is doing that even with JJ/AK. Therefore I might even just flat his 3bet and play postflop being even a bit deeper.

As played
      Postflop: Kinda cruel since he could easily even trap us preflop and most likely only hand we beat here is some kind of semi-bluff type of hand. Any kind of TT/JJ did hit, all the semi-bluffs have great equity against our hand also of course there are traps as KK/AA. So therefore I might even consider Bet/Folding and making the crying fold rather than going broke this deep unless I know that he may bluff big in this spot.

Best regards.