NL1000 FR Video

• Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Hi guys,

I recently made a video to get some feedback from my buddies. Don't know how many of you play NL FR at the higher stakes, but I (try to) explain my thought process so maybe its worth for the lower limits, too. However, please be aware that I don't suggest to play the same way at low stakes.

http://rapidshare.de/files/38613417/nl1k.wmv.html

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I'll try to give an answer ;)

Cheers,

Thorsten
  • 23 replies
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      Thank you for upload. It is great video.

Why do you prefer full ring over short handed tables?
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      *downloading

do you play regularly FR?
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      it dosen't work
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Nice work!

@vladnz: the download link works fine. Just try again.

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Originally posted by factorIR
      Why do you prefer full ring over short handed tables?
      I started at NL25 and moved up and up and up... Never saw a reason to quit full ring :)

do you play regularly FR?
      Yes. If one of the fishes in my buddy list is playing SH and I get a seat, I'll sit down, but typically I'm only playing full ring.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i using download managers
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Good video, looking forward to see some more, as I feel that there should be more high stakes FR content.

PS your zerman akzent iz vunny as hell :D
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Originally posted by Timor83
      HU for rollz! :P
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/r 88 or re-raise 66 like a man:D
      I would also open with AJ from MP (probably you were busy talking and didn´t notice what exactly you had)
      nice video and I´m not yet that level to make squeeze play with 42 against loose aggressive opener and called, so I can´t comment that:)
      To me it is always fold.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      looks sexy. will give it a peruse
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Hi Kaitz,

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      c/r 88 or re-raise 66 like a man:D
      Can you give me a timestamp so I can look up the hand? I only remember the 66 hand. In this spot, there was a limper from UTG, which was the reason to limp behind instead of raising (which is my typical play). The reason is that many people in FR games limp strong hands from UTG. With 66, I wanna see a cheap flop and don't face a reraise. Further, I don't play 66 only in a hit or fold manner, but can take away a ton of pots using position even if I don't raise preflop.

I would also open with AJ from MP (probably you were busy talking and didn´t notice what exactly you had)
      Yes, I agree - I typically open it from MP (except when getting a ton of 3-bets). Looks like I made a mistake here :)

nice video and I´m not yet that level to make squeeze play with 42 against loose aggressive opener and called, so I can´t comment that:)
      To me it is always fold.
      I'd never recomment doing this on lower limits, but if there's a loose opener and a caller and I think they fold im most cases to a raise, I don't care much about my actual hand, but only play the situation. Ideally, you have a hand that can hit hard and is not often dominated (e.g., suited connectors). However, I think there are spots where its profitable with any 2 cards - but I wanna have a solid understanding of my opponent to make such a play.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      why don`t you use ahk chip reloader))
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      @ Thorsten:
      88 was imo on the limped pot. Shorthanded player (UTG) limped, MP limped and you also decided to limp from SB (which is fine). BB raised, MP called and you also called. You hit your check and check/called flop T85 or smt flop, turn was K and you decided to check/raise. But you only min-raised the player. I would made at least 2,5x re-raise:D

66 you limped pf, since there was another limped (maybe I would raise here, but limp is also fine). Flop game J62- you called flop, turn was 2 and min-raised turn. Again I would make at least 2,5x re-raise, because, he would call/fold both with J 2,5x or min-raise. The pot gets bigger and you can make bigger valuebet on the river.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      kaitz20: villain was quite short stacked. thorsten's reasoning was that if villain had hit that king, he will call, and be pot committed on a blank river (given pot odds of something like 3:1). hence making a larger, scarier raise unnecessary.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      Originally posted by Timor83
      HU for rollz! :P
      Ven do you want to do zis? :D
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      @xylere: honestly, I'm quite lazy and so I never took a look at these scripts, even though I know a ton of useful scripts exist. However, I'll write an article about tools that ease multitabling - hence, I'll install and test all of them and keep the scripts I like ;)

@Kaitz: The typical play is to make a "real" reraise in this spot. However, I decided to minraise as I did this in the past with this villain and I wanted to give him the chance that he bluff-shoves over me. Further, if he has something, he has to call and his stack was small enough to get it in without overbetting on the later street.
      At the same time, I minraised him on the other table. This was for "meta" reasons: if you make these weired moves against a player, they often doubt you have a real hand and they feel pushed around. This often results in lighter calldowns or stupid bluffs.

@Timor: You owned me :)
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      @xylere
      if you use skrips you have problems with the antibot popup.

Watched the video and liked it.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      @Cojack123
      are you sure? I play 6max sngs on party once a week, using 2 ahk scripts and never had a problem with the antibot popup.
    • raasz
      raasz
      Bronze
      Hey Thorsten,

First of all, nice video. I must admit you play a different ball game then me :D . But hey, that's why i'm here: to learn something from time to time.
      I have a short question: do you happen to remember where you can find those partypoker card-layouts? I've searched the form but i can't find it anywere. Hope to hear from you!