[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - How to get max value?

• Tunatic
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.13, BU raises to $0.44, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BU calls $0.96.

Flop: ($2.9) 2, 3, 9 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $2.54, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.9.

As I get into such a situation quite often, I decided to post this hand here. What do you normally do when it comes to this? Should I slowplay after the flop, should I make a smaller bet and not go all-in? Should I check on the flop and wait for him to bet? There were 2 diamonds on the flop, which is the only thing that scared me into going all-in.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Tunatic,

Nah, I guess I'd just ship it myself unless I really expect the opponent be more kinda aggressive side. If he is able to bet here with something like AK you can easily even consider letting him do that. Since he will anyways go broke with TT-KK if he has them. If we give him the chance then he will ship it even maybe with AK.

But as played ain't much wrong either, if we are going to bet then just ship it as you did rather than make it a small bet. Your bet size would be anyways over 1/2 pot size unless you make it ~$1. :> Which might work against some opponents.

Best regards.