variance oriented

• ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      In which form of quantity do you think or have you observed that variance is good/bad?Days?Tourneys?Hours?

What i mean by that?I observed that i runned good on monday and thursday and very bad on tuesday.By games i mean in my 50-100 games i runned good and in the 100-120 very bad.By hours i mean i run good in the morning bad in the afternoon

This is a general discussion to see how you think you run.The numbers above are totally random.I havent found any thread like this and i think it would be interesting to see various opinions on this matter :f_biggrin:
  • 9 replies
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Just read half of the book ''the poker mindset''. I kinda tells you that variance has no logical explanation and it is random.

However i see what you mean by times of day. Often in evenings poker sites may be more populated by recreational players who are home from work and tend not to put a lot of time into developing their game as say a player looking to move up stakes.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I run bad every hour of every day especially on the bubble where these shortstacked retards call with Q2o
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      I run bad every hour of every day especially on the bubble where these shortstacked retards call with Q2o
      I suggest you start being shorstack on the bubble and call with even worse!
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerovit
      Not hard to do atm... I still can't get used to variance
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      I think i started to live with it...you can post in Jared's thread maybe he can give you some advice how to cope with it
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I think i started to live with it...you can post in Jared's thread maybe he can give you some advice how to cope with it
      Already did :) thanks. What do you play?
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      I play sng's 6 and 9 max 7 to 15$ and you?
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      6max up to $5.50 but mostly $2.50. Going up permanently by end of August probably

And apologies to ualiriiiiii for hijacking his thread :tongue:
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      6max up to $5.50 but mostly $2.50. Going up permanently by end of August probably

And apologies to ualiriiiiii for hijacking his thread :tongue:

no reason to apologize.i laughed like hell :f_grin: