[NL2-NL10] nl2 mss JJ 3bet pot

• JohnDoe1313
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: , J:club:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0,06, Hero raises to $0,18, 2 folds, BB calls $0,16, MP3 calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,55) Q:spade: , T:diamond: , 8:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0,26...

Since it is less likely I bring two opponents to fold, I tried to analyze the situation:

1. The board is not that draw heavy. AJ and KJ would have nice draw, but my JJ blocks them both. Also KJ will not be found in 3bet pot too often.

2. I think AT would donk bet to find out where it stands.

3. MP would raise QQ+ preflop to get more money in. BB could overcall with pockets or some AQ+. Afterall, AQ, TT, 88 maybe KQ will continue playing only if I bet.

4. Check behind could bring an ace, which would be horrible, since it is in range of both.

I believe both can fold often enough to make c-bet profitable. OOP I would c/f, but since they are both checking... Are my arguments valid? Thanks for your time
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      Hey JohnDoe,

The opponents are so loose you could c-bet flop for value, not so much for FE. Their broadway range hits this board very hard and there's quite some hands you beat and will call your flop bet. However, I would check flop behind because you can go for one street value only and turn is better than flop as you will usually get to free showdown and on the turn you will have more information on opponents than you do on the flop.

Besides, the only 2 cards you don't want to see on the turn are A and K where K gives you additional outs to improve by river.

Best regards,