[NL2-NL10] not an easy fold of AQ

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      the guy was playing VPIP around 24. I should have reraised him on the flop right? although I was looking for maximum value here as I know he would call all the way down with middle pair no kicker. He showed his hand after I folded anyway.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $0.77
      BU:
      $3.41
      SB:
      $3.02
      BB:
      $0.80
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $3.85
      MP1:
      $2.16
      MP2:
      $1.61
      MP3:
      $0.82

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 5 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 4, 9, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.42) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($1.02) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.52, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.02.
  • 2 replies
    • PewPewPoker
      PewPewPoker
      Bronze
      Actually I would be inclined to just fold the flop... As you said, he has a VPIP of 24%(probably lots of suited connectors and small pairs), so this flop hits his range pretty hard, and its not likely that you're ahead. Raising is not too great either, because if he's fishy he'll call with about any draw and pair so you don't have much foldequity. Don't bluf vs these opponents, just bet when you have a strong hand (it's boring, I know, but it's the correct way).

as played:
      if you have a read that he has a draw or a pair, a raise on the turn for protection and value would be the most logical action.
      Rivercard is nasty, and on NL2 his bet almost always means the nuts or close to it, at least better than just top pair. He might have air from time to time, but in the long run you're just throwing away your money by calling.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Not a huge fan actually of calling the flop. While you don't even have a plan or either don't know the opponent. Should be standard fold for me.

As played Nothing much you can do, while you even floated the flop and did hit your TP you can't really fold on turn. It's a good 2nd barrel card for him as well.

Best regards.