[NL2-NL10] nl2 - C-Bet against 3 opponents

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Bad spot to bet here, only getting called by someone who has hit the board....And is ahead!?

Felt I am likely ahead, so betting for protection.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.36
      BB:
      $2
      UTG2:
      $0.9
      MP3:
      $2.37
      BU:
      $0.57

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.10, UTG2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.50) A:spade: , 6:spade: , 6:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, 3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.50
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: I'd Raise it even bigger here ~$0,16. For all those limpers and being OOP.
      Postflop: Not the best play I would say for the reason what worse hand will Call you? Of course there is a small chance that they are going to Call you with FD but now again this is a huge multiway pot and they have Ax in their ranges as well. Most likely I'd even consider giving it up. Your bet sizing is telling also the story about your hand that you don't have the Ax while you ain't trying to protect with your small bet.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Tend to agree, however in terms of protection:

Jx, Qx & Kx hands will likely fold here, so we are lowering the chances of being behind to these hands at showdown.

Better line would be to check/fold flop.

If its checked around, can bet for value/protection if turn is a blank under a 10?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      Tend to agree, however in terms of protection:

Jx, Qx & Kx hands will likely fold here, so we are lowering the chances of being behind to these hands at showdown.

Better line would be to check/fold flop.

If its checked around, can bet for value/protection if turn is a blank under a 10?
      Then give me a reason why didn't you CBet this board vs 2 opponents in your other hand: nl2 - Folded Set
      Although you did it in this case where you even have more opponents. :)
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      In that other hand I took the 'better' line I just detailed above.

As for why I changed the play, its because I forget/can't work out what the strongest play would be when situation is a little marginal. Sometimes find that as time runs out I click a button and a play that maybe doesn't stand up to this analysis :P

Comparing the two hands, I would say that if I had to c-bet one of the hands it would be the other one, not this board.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Depend on really the opponents and how many we have of them I do agree that that kind of board actually is still a good board to do the CBet. But what I usually don't like is the CBet against so many opponents. :D