[NL2-NL10] Difficult at river

• aboesing
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , J:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.07) J:spade: , 7:spade: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.27) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, MP3 raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.19.

River: ($1.03) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.49, MP3 raises to $1.64 (All-In), Hero calls $1.01 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.03

Should i call in river?
  • 4 replies
    • clandestineAl
      well what would he limp in with? J9, JT, 55, 77. the only hand you are beating is the JT.
    • Maniatrix
      vs donkey he is also beating misplayed QQ+ and hands like J2.
    • matovicmilos
      Villain wouldnt play QQ that way on the river as there is no need to protect and only thing he beats is bluffs. He is 18 14 so i dont think he is that type of donkey who would shove it.

Also i dont think he would go out of line with his bluffs on 3 streets after hero obviously has shown some strength, so just the question is what is his value range for shoving and what part of that you beat?

I think you would only beat weaker J but as clandestineAL said his range include only JT of hands you beat, and it is possible that he wouldnt even raise with that hand on the river, so you are pretty much beat it looks like a FH to me
    • veriz
      Hello aboesing,

Flop: Don't like your play at all! It's just a freeplay pot and therefore I might even consider just Bet/Folding it right on flop rather than going to continue. We are OOP and putting ourselves into difficult spots which even happens. If you can't fold your hand in those spots then rather just Bet/Fold it.

As played
      Turn: Why do you donk it here? As MP3 was an aggressor I'd still rather consider Checking and taking a look at his play than Bet/Call it again.

As played
      River: Obviously you don't beat much. :) I'd rather give it up and once again what's the idea behind donk?? What do you try to achieve and still going to call against him.

Best regards.