How is AA my worst hand

• dleach1991
      dleach1991
      Bronze
      Every time I get dealt AA its either one of the following;

A)I raise 3x the blind plus 1x for every player that calls before me, and everyone folds and I only pick up the blinds

Or

B)I get called and begin to take them to value town, I always bet the pot on heavy draws 1/2-2/3 and on draw free boards to try to keep weaker hands in the pot, but always seem to get sucked out on. I always make sure that I dont give any draws the odds to call but they do AND HIT!

Its not just once that B) has happen either, its happend 4 times in the last 1700 hands. And its either a gut-shot or a 2-outter
  • 31 replies
    • Nardiss
      Nardiss
      Gold
      well, someone needs to absorb negative variance
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      play more hands, i mean seriously

AA also was a losing hand for me in my first 5k NL2 hands.
      [ ] AA is a unprofitable hand at that limit
      [x] I played it badly sometimes (not slowplaying or anything, but hey its just a overpair)
      [x] evil variance
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      its happend 4 times in the last 1700 hands

lol
    • dleach1991
      dleach1991
      Bronze
      Yeah I know its still early days.

I can handle variance quite well, Just can't handle it when its in favor a bad player.

3 of the 4 AA's I feel I played quite well, But just got sucked out on.
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      It sounds like youve got a bad case of fishtulism.

I'm in third year at med school and fishtulism is quite a common case. On this very site it is quite an infectious disease however, together we can fight through this affliction. Me and you. You and me. Together in harmony.

I love you man. Best wishes in all your fishy endeavours.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Laggsy

I'm in third year at med school and fishtulism is quite a common case. On this very site it is quite an infectious disease however, together we can fight through this affliction. Me and you. You and me. Together in harmony.

I feel guilty because every day I try to take advantage of people with fishtulism. Poker is indeed a nasty game!
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blackops888
      Originally posted by Laggsy

I feel guilty because every day I try to take advantage of people with fishtulism. Poker is indeed a nasty game!
      looooooooooooooooooooool lmfao !!! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Okay this thread ended up fun. :D

I like fishtulism.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by dleach1991
      Every time I get dealt AA its either one of the following;

A)I raise 3x the blind plus 1x for every player that calls before me, and everyone folds and I only pick up the blinds
      You don't mention which site you play on, but if you look in the forum for that site, you will find one or more posts claiming that it is rigged.
      I'm sure your experience of 4 hands more than adequately confirms that.

However hang in there. In the platinum articles there is one "how to play on rigged sites for fun and profit".

Just be glad you didn't play on Full Tilt.
      The software there wasn't rigged at all. Just that the company took everyone's entire bankroll.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      AA should be folded pre.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      AA should be folded pre.
      Yes, in fact, if you fold EVERYTHING, then you can limit your losses to 16.7 bb/100, which would be an improvement for many.
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      AA should be folded pre.
      Yes, in fact, if you fold EVERYTHING, then you can limit your losses to 16.7 bb/100, which would be an improvement for many.
      lol nice1 :D
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      AA is just a pair, Pre-flop they may be the best hand, but any intelligent player will chase bad odds if they know you can't fold an overpair to the board.
      Makes suited connectors and tiny pairs raise in value vs players who can't fold.
      At the Nl2$, there always be at least 2 callers, especially those who defend their blinds with anything semi-connected, suited, Qx, Kx and Ax hands.
      Don't stack yourself with just a pair. Folding isn't that difficult. Today's online poker has more fit and fold players, if you get raised, guess what, your aces are toast, FOLD!!

At most limits players have become more aggressive. Limp raise your big pairs is a good way to extract more value and put fear when you do limp. I love jamming the pot to a btn stealer and typing, "Punish the limpers?"
      They'll think twice raising your limps, but not always.

Aces will get cracked, in fact out of 285 pre flop all in showdowns aces got beat 67 times, loss of 23.5%. Poker stove says AA vs random pair has 81.5% equity. Lost more then my fair share. Keep in mind this is over 1.2 million hands.

You have beginners, recreational players and multi tablers online. AA post flop is good against the beginners and rec players most of the time so getting it all in is +EV. Yes you'll get sucked out on, but welcome to poker. The multi tablers play fit or fold, your aces aren't good vs those set miners who play every pair every position for any price. DO NOT give them reason to set mine.
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      never play AA when going through negative variance!
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Wait till it happens 8 or 9 times in a row in and every time u get kk u run it aa that's a bitch of a bad run.

It just come under the class of shit happen when it's 4 time in 1700 hand u just have to learn to suck it up and move on to the next hand that's all u can do and try not to go on tilt as that will exasperate the situation.

Good luck :s_cool:
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
    • Darkzzz
      Darkzzz
      Black
      FOUR TIMES IN 1700 HANDS?!??!? THE HUMANITY! :f_o:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I think you should fold to a reraise because they'll obviously suck out if you push.
      Or you could try flat calling with AA out of position and open bluff-folding any flop, that works quite well for me and cuts the variance right down.
      Sometimes when a fish raises and I think they're just too lucky for me I simply open-fold my AA to save time and money.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      My lefty is my worst hand