is it normal

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I play 6max turbo (4min blind-levels) sngs and have lost 6 to 10 BI a day all week before recovering and making any profit.. is this normal?? Is this how poker results work out?? I realize I'm still just learning but I want your opinion
  • 10 replies
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      Originally posted by matel17
      I play 6max turbo (4min blind-levels) sngs and have lost 6 to 10 BI a day all week before recovering and making any profit.. is this normal?? Is this how poker results work out?? I realize I'm still just learning but I want your opinion
      everything is possible in poker, just focus on playing A game and improving it constantly. Dont worry to much about ur winnings , worry about how you play.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      don't feel too bad I am about 80 bi down on the $ 11 6 max SnG's. sure I will get back too and so will you :)
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Variance is a bitch, stuff like that can and does happen regularly
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      Never give up, play your best +ev game and youl win;) gl
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze

how much games per day you play?
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hey Ulairii, this thread is over :) I was mad at how the cards were turning out but I believe now that what I was going through is very standard.

I'm increasing tables and practicing playing longer sessions everyday so there's nothing fixed yet. I would like to get up to playing 50 per day and keep doing that for a while before moving further up. We'll see :)
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Yeah I believe that's pretty regular especially with SnGs. Variance is a bitch but persistence and patience always pays off in the end.
    • PokerPirate1
      PokerPirate1
      Bronze
      It is of course also a matter dependent on whether and how much are you beating the game. You´ll encounter much longer and steeper downswings if you are BE or under longterm 5%ROI. What levels do you play?

According to my personal experience I think its very rare to drop down by more than 50Bi playing sngs if you have at least 5-10% ROi over a decent sample (i have played several thousands of fullring FT superturbos) But even though its sad and unlikely, its of course possible...
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Definitely. This was my first month since I started studying poker so it was a surprise I was suffering so many bad beats. I know now it was pretty standard
    • PokerPirate1
      PokerPirate1
      Bronze
      If it is your first month, than maybe you are missing some opportunities to make chips, otherwise the bad beats would not harm you so much. Work on your game, especially on ICM, and good luck!