access .com poker sites from france

• tiego69
      tiego69
      Bronze
      I m french and because of french law, i can t register to international poker sites. However, i would like to download these softwares to follow coaching sessions in english.
      If i try to go to these sites, i m allways redirected to french links, would anyone have an idea how i could get pokerstars.com?
  • 4 replies
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Hello tiego69,

As a Belgian I have the same problem. What I usually do is contact Pokerstars support, they then give me a downloadlink for the .com version. Because the Belgian law isn't yet fully in effect this works for us at the moment, but I'm not sure if it is going to work for French citizens.

All the best,

NIVEKii
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Tiego

First of all welcome to our forums :)

I have moved the thread to the General Poker Discussion where someone might have an answer.

Because of the French regulation however I am not sure if it will be possible.

And aas NIVEKii mentioned a good place to start will be PokerStars support.

Let us know how it goes , some other members might have the same issue

Best regards

Thazar
    • tiego69
      tiego69
      Bronze
      hi tazar,
      i wasn't sure where i had to post my thread so thanks to have moved it at the right place. I'm going to contact pokerstars'support, thanks to Nivekii's advice, i ll let u know how it goes but i m skeptical it will work :O p
      regards
    • tiego69
      tiego69
      Bronze
      hello again

i sent an email explaining my request , reminding them that watching good players winning on their room 2 to 3hours a week was a good advertising for us to join pokerstars.fr in future. i also promised not to register to respect french law.
      and it worked!
      they gave me link and i have the software installed on my laptop.
      I won t give the link on this post as pokerstrategy.com would surely prefer
      players from other countries than our restricted areas use the sponsored link http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars/download/ , but i encourage anyone who wants to follow english coaching sessions from france, italy or belgium to do the same or to contact me confidentially
      regards and thanks for ur help!